PDA

View Full Version : Get a load of the love note somebody left on my windshield!

Grant Eaton
04/24/2003, 10:46 PM
Someone at the shopping mall took the time to scribble me a little love note (on trucking company notepad paper, no less -- let me put my surprised face on).

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1411

I laughed and laughed at this one! At least they didn't key the door. :rolleyes: You either love it or you hate it, right?

Moncha
04/24/2003, 10:54 PM
He of little taste!

paultvx
04/25/2003, 12:30 AM
What's the saying? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

How sophisticated can this guy be? or maybe it's just a case of jealous rage? Maybe he drives a Pontiac Azz-tech and thinks it's the most beautiful thing in the world.

Who knows. For example, I went fishing with a friend the other day... we stopped by Wal-mart to get some supplies. The teenage girl at the register was... well, let's just say her mustache was more manly than most teenage boys. However, for some twisted psychotic reason that I can not comprehend, my friend said she's probably not too bad without the mustache. Man... his pyscho ex wife must've really done a number on him.

VehiX
04/25/2003, 04:37 AM
That's friggin hilarious!!!!

:laughy:

VX crazy
04/25/2003, 05:18 AM
People that go through the trouble of doing that are usually JEALOUS!! Take it as a compliment!

paultvx
04/25/2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by VX crazy
People that go through the trouble of doing that are usually JEALOUS!! Take it as a compliment!

I don't think jealousy is it. I think it's stupidity... as in he doesn't possess the intellect and education to "get it." I mean if you showed him an orginial copy of a VanGough masterpiece... he'd probably give you a blank stare. And once told it is a VanGough original, he'd probably reply, "what van? where did it go? I don't see no van."

I mean... afterall, this IS the country with a government (or good half of the gov.) who renamed french fries to freedom fries and most people don't see what's so moronic about it. Granted, it is a pretty darn good country (plenty others that are worse)... but in general, when it comes to issues of aethetics, I think the American masses just don't get it. Art or anything relating to the arts are often looked down at. Compared to Europe... the populous there in general seem to be more keen on the arts. Not conviced? think of how many great looking cars have come out of Detroit. Think of the best examples. Now think of the best examples that have come out of Europe. Think of how American cars looked in the 60s and 70s (huge rectangular boats). Think of what came out of Europe around the same time (Jaguar E-type, Ferrari GTO, Maserati Ghibli...) It wasn't until a great American who had spend a good deal of time in Europe got involved with Ford that things really got interesting. Who's this guy? Carrol Shelby (AC Cobra, and Ford GT40).

Few months ago I caught a couple spoiled teens in a RangeRover Discovery sneering at my VX... shaking their heads in disgust as they paraded by... and yet there they were, in an expensive, overrated, visually uninteresting two boxed tin can on wheels (which they didn't earn a penny to possess) passing judgement on a limited production vehicle that was produced only because of public interest in overseas markets.

Maybe it's our short history and relative lack of heritage. Art and those who study it just don't get the same kind of respect here as they would abroad. If you're in the arts... you know what I mean.

WormGod
04/25/2003, 07:14 AM
Heh, thats pretty good. That's wild, because just last summer, someone had left chinese restaraunt brochues under the wipers of cars in my work parking lot. Scrawled in handwriting on the one one mine it said "Sweet Ride!".

If some fool took the time out of their life to go out of their way to tell you how ugly your VX was, I think it was out of jealousy, and they just wish they had something that got attention, the way you got theirs. ;)

WyrreJ
04/25/2003, 07:56 AM
I think you misread that chinese food flyer - it said, "sweet and sour ride!"

As for Grant's note, I figure the guy is either psycho, or just bored. If I was bored, I might do something weird like that. Of course some people might think I'm psycho for having nothing better to do when I'm bored...

IsuZOOM
04/25/2003, 08:06 AM
That's just hysterical! You can never say that the VX doesn't get a response :)

Love it or hate it, I think most love it. We do (and that's all that matters)

Grant Eaton
04/25/2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by WyrreJ
I think you misread that chinese food flyer - it said, "sweet and sour ride!"

LOL! That hilarious! Actually, I love my VX but I think it is a little too outrageous for the conservative, "materially humble" culture of the Pacific Northwest. So compared to living in Florida, I would say it gets a lot less attention, and when it does get attention that I notice, it's frequently of the sneer / negative kind. But I bought my car for ME, not my neighbors, and that's all that matters. :D

Panther_Black_VX
04/25/2003, 10:08 AM
There has got to be some jealousy involved. No way, no how! I am sure even that neanderthal had seen a car it thought was ugly before. But I bet you it never used its feet to write a message on that person's ride... The VX inspires jealousy. It reall does.

One guy was staring at my ViXen for a long time while I was loading groceries. You know how you can feel the jealous heat rising. Dude is sitting in a beat up van, just blurts out before I get in

"That looks like a toy!".

:flame2: I was ready, so I said

"3.5 litre, 215 horses? That's one hell of a f**king toy!"

Got in and drove off looking as bad as I wanna be!! :cool!:

----------http://www.chetanekwe.com/Smiles/fyi.gif --------
Well, everything up until the dude's comment actually happened. I really just ignored him... :mbrasd:

BUT, BUT that's what I would have said, if I time to think about it. I came up with the come back 20mins later. But doesn't the story sounds better with the come back.... :naughty:

AlaskaVX
04/25/2003, 12:47 PM
THE PERSON WRITING THAT NOTE DROVE OFF IN HIS GREMLIN ;)

transVXmen
04/25/2003, 02:03 PM
ThanX 4 sharing the Love letter from Jimmy Joe Bob!!! What the Hell !! (Say that with a hick accent...)He pro(babble)y couldn't fine a dog garn place fer his deer catchen!

Anita
04/25/2003, 02:47 PM
Now, had I seen the driver of that truck I would of left my phone number as well...... woohoo ;Dr;

VX crazy
04/25/2003, 03:40 PM
:rotate: I second that Anita!!

FeatherFoot
04/25/2003, 05:16 PM
Sounds like the definition of IGNORANUS (DUMBA$$)

FF

Pam
04/26/2003, 01:47 PM
Glad I haven't run into any people like that! The last truck driver I saw looking at my VX wanted to know where he could get one!

Andrey
04/26/2003, 02:21 PM
he/she, who wrote it, is an jelaous IDIOT ! Be thankfull - I've got antennae snapped on mine instead while in the gym!

my ex co-worker (might be a bit too shallow) made comment one day that the rear of VX looks like baboon's azz.... now what do you reply to THAT ?

:D

paultvx
04/26/2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Andrey
he/she, who wrote it, is an jelaous IDIOT ! Be thankfull - I've got antennae snapped on mine instead while in the gym!

my ex co-worker (might be a bit too shallow) made comment one day that the rear of VX looks like baboon's azz.... now what do you reply to THAT ?

Tell them they have an overactive imagation or are suffering from halucinations and that they should seek psychiatric help.

Baboon's azz? Where's the resemblence? :rolleyes:

Anita
04/26/2003, 04:07 PM

I think the age old favorite -

"takes one to know one"

Andrey
04/26/2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by paultvx
Tell them they have an overactive imagation or are suffering from halucinations and that they should seek psychiatric help.

Baboon's azz? Where's the resemblence? :rolleyes:

I thought that he meant curviture of the rear hatch with sticking out monkey's ***** ???

Panther_Black_VX
04/26/2003, 08:54 PM
http://www.chetanekwe.com/Smiles/jumpie.gif Ok, ok, calm down there Anita and VXCrazy!! :laugho:

paultvx
04/26/2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Anita
I think the age old favorite -

"takes one to know one"

Hey Anita. Didn't you say something about personal attacks in another thread? What do you call this? Oh yeah... mod previledges. That's it.

Anita
04/27/2003, 09:07 AM
Paul,

Frankly, if you were to read the past posts carefully, I was answering a question posed by Andrey concerning someone else making a desparaging remark about his VX. Andrey had posed the question of what to say in rebuttal.

... and unless I am mistaken, (someone correct me if I am wrong), my joke had nothing to do with anyone on this forum.

Ask anyone, I save all my flaming for Tone.....:flame:

BumbleV-X
04/27/2003, 09:59 AM
Anita,
I love that new signiture of yours. Need more matches! :flame2:

Deb

paultvx
04/27/2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Anita
Paul,

Frankly, if you were to read the past posts carefully, I was answering a question posed by Andrey concerning someone else making a desparaging remark about his VX. Andrey had posed the question of what to say in rebuttal.

... and unless I am mistaken, (someone correct me if I am wrong), my joke had nothing to do with anyone on this forum.

Ask anyone, I save all my flaming for Tone.....:flame:

Sure thing.

TimG
04/28/2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by paultvx
Hey Anita. Didn't you say something about personal attacks in another thread? What do you call this? Oh yeah... mod previledges. That's it.

You're not serious right? You actually know Anita and this is just a joke that I missed right? (Happens all the time. I'm kind of slow like that) :)

Please tell me this is a joke. I could understand you having an attitude with some other people on this board, but not with Anita.

kpaske
05/11/2003, 10:41 AM
Like I said in another post, the VX has one of those designs where you either love it or you hate it. I've had my VX ever since they first came out in '99 and the overwhelming response has always been positive. I've had one or two people tell me it was the ugliest thing they ever saw, but i've had a hundred tell me what a cool ride it is and been asked a million questions from "what is it?" to "where can i get one?". All I can say is that when i look at my "moon rover" or "gorilla" or whatever the name of the week is, i get a feeling of pride knowing that I've got a bad-***** ride. I couldn't care less what other people think about it, really. ;)

StormTROOPER
05/11/2003, 01:00 PM
So what...some may see it as "ugly" but it's SEXY-UGLY ;) (to borrow a line from a movie) besides ENVY always brings out the worst in people.:D

Dallas4u
05/11/2003, 01:14 PM

Unless they are studying primatology, tell them to quick looking at monkey a$$es so much... it's unhealthy.

Heraclid
05/12/2003, 08:40 PM
First day I drove my VX, which was probably just over 2 weeks ago, I pulled into an automotive store to check out rubber mats. The car that pulled in next to me - well, I'm not the type who's looking to see if anyone's looking, but this guy was pretty obvious and stopped me and asked some questions. Then the next day I was out and there were two women I had to wait on to get out of their car so I could get to my VX. They were checking it out and said it was "cute", and I know that bothers some of you but it really doesn't bother me because a compliment's a compliment. Besides, my mom saw it and said it was pretty tough looking and definitely looked like a guy's vehicle. My dad saw it and he normally doesn't get too excited about much of anything and he said something I won't repeat, but he liked it. I've seen a few people looking since but haven't been approached anymore yet. What's kinda interesting is that there is definitely some kind of jealousy or competitive thing under the surface at work. There are supervisors who I don't think like having people who work for them having nicer vehicles, and people with new vehicles who talked about them a lot and now they may feel trumped. One guy was, in a roundabout way, putting down my previous car once, and hasn't uttered a peep on the VX. Just plain silly stuff. I did have someone say it looks a bit like something else on the road but they couldn't remember what. No big deal, but I can't think of anything like it. Closest thing is maybe some of the Amigos, or if you want to really stretch it a Hyundai Santa Fe from the front. Headlights are probably most like some of the Preludes or Mitsubishi sports cars... there just really isn't anything I'd confuse it with. Then again there are people who just don't pay it that kind of attention and practically can't tell a Mustang from a Mazda or whatever. One thing I've noticed is a lot of things with similar cladding, but less of it, and I think they all came out with it after the VehiCROSS debuted. Oh, and on a side note, I had this guy with a tricked out older Integra sitting a mile from the steering wheel with the aftermarket exhaust from hell and all the rest (you know the type) who pulled out right behind me and then decided he had to race past me, and I played with that a bit because this thing is my baby and I haven't even gunned it yet. Before we hit the speed limit he backed off after I let him get almost even with me and then just left him. Now I'm not really one for street racing (and the VX isn't meant for it) and I won't make a habit of this and don't want to rag it out, but it was kinda fun just this once, and I didn't even give it all the VX had.

WyrreJ
05/12/2003, 10:04 PM
Really, there are a ton of newer SUVs that have taken styling cues from the VX. I think on the other board there was a guy who worked in an automotive design department for one of the American manufacturers who said that regardless of the market success or failure of the VX, that design-wise ALL of the major manufacturers paid close attention to the styling. I think the truth in his words becomes more evident with every new model SUV released.

Unfortunately, the effect is to make the VX less visually unique and more easily mistaken for some other vehicle. We definitely blend in more today than we would back in 1999.

Spike
05/14/2003, 06:12 PM
If a VX on South Park, I guess it would have been a 5 a$$ed Baboon?

orionblues
05/14/2003, 06:23 PM
I definetly agree that other manufacturers paid attention. In fact, that picture of the concept VX looks alot like the new nissan murano. I think Izuzu dropped a major ball by discontinuing the Vx. After all, if something as sinfully ugly as the Aztek can still be in production, why not the Vx (no offense to any Aztek owners);pr;

Andrey
05/14/2003, 08:15 PM
The point here is that public was NOT ready for such a drastic (read different) body style. I can garantee that this shape will be back. Isuzu with VX was a PIONEER and KUDOS to them for taking a risk and bringing to life such an awesome piece of machinery ! I think they've lost money with VX because it was very expencive to manufacture them by hand and put $420 a pop KYB shocks etc and not being able to sell whole lot of them (4153 units sold in US)

I love my Ironman and hope to keep it as long as I can !

Cheers

Heraclid
05/17/2003, 10:39 PM
There are a whole lot of vehicles out there with a good bit of the polypropylene on them, and most with it came out after the VehiCross debuted. Now not a lot of it looks a whole lot like its application on the VX, but for example the Chevy Avalanche has enough on there to call it bona fide cladding, and the Nissan Frontier pickups sport some very similar styling, with the same sort of exposed bolts look over the wheel wells. And I am pretty sure the VX came out first. Not sure, but I suspect the Nissan Frontier's bolts are simulated and aren't actually functional in holding the plastic molding on there... not sure though. Like has been said earlier, we VXers do blend in a bit more today than back in '99, but I think the VX is still a pretty distinct vehicle. I don't think the new will wear off for me on it. Man, tonight it was parked in the dark with a faint glow of light on the front of it, reflecting off the headlamps. It looked like some beast in the dark, fangs bared, with eyes glowing like a cat's eyes in the night. It was pretty cool... I keep needing to pinch myself that I actually have one of these things now. :)

Spike
05/18/2003, 05:47 AM
At a Chick-Fil-A drive through window on Friday, the teller said 'cute car'
(great, that C word again'

Yesterday, at a 'do it yourself' coin op carwash... one of the employees from the mechancal car wash side came over and said 'nice car... is that a 2004?'

And then someone else in a passenger seat was doing some serious rubbernecking while I was driving up I295 in NJ.

Oh, Don't know if anyone knows this yet , but the Avalanche now comes in 2 flavors... with cladding, and naked. I will have to say, it looks more traditional without it.

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/31/2003, 07:52 PM
I was coming out of a pizza shop behind a couple who were walking ahead of me to the parking lot within "audible" range and all I could hear was the girl saying how ugly my VX was....that it was too "spacey" for her taste....meanwhile her boyfriend just said...I dunno...I think it's kinda cool myself...

It was then that I hit the key fob doorlock button and the VX flashed it's headlights and popped open the door locks with the loud audible chirp, chirp...

the couple turned around to see me getting in the VX and she hollered out "sorry"

I just shrugged and said, "No Problem...I like it" and drove off....
At least she didn't ask me if it was an Aztec like a few others have done!

isuzusales
06/04/2003, 12:42 PM
THAT JUST MADE MY DAY!

mrtew
06/04/2003, 06:03 PM
People have apologized to me for stuff they said about my VX when they didn't know I was standing right behind them too!