PDA

View Full Version : WOOT Got a VX FINALLY!

Dumke
08/24/2006, 05:06 AM
Well went and bought her yesterday down in Austin. Tone I would like to 1st apologize for not calling you. I got down there about 10 am and left soo early from my house that I forgot to get your # off my email.

Love the car had 2 people ask already 1st day I got it.

Day #2 I have had it now and people complained about ride or not being able to see. Well didnt have a problme plus its a truck not sure if just used to bounce because had a ford ranger :) Pics to come when I can figure that out.

VehiX
08/24/2006, 08:55 AM
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the VX community. The VX has a naturally bouncy ride to it so get used to it or purchase different shocks to tame it down a bit. As for seeing out of the rear window... Why bother...just use the side mirrors.

You'll get used to it after a while :)

tbigity
08/24/2006, 09:12 AM
Agreed, welcome. You must have bought that proton off that lady who's husband hated the VX in Austin :-)

It will be a rough ride, comes with the territory, you could drop new shocks in, but why...that is half the fun - feeling every bump. If the rear view is a must, Tone sells some pretty sweet and inexpensive rear view cameras and displays. Quite innovative, they go right on the rearview. You might look into the little fisheye mirrors to put on the sideviews, they are a huge help

Ldub
08/24/2006, 04:32 PM
Congrats & Welcome !

:thumbup: :jump: :luck: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance:

nfpgasmask
08/24/2006, 05:03 PM
Welcome, and be prepared for the VX buzz...the buzz I still have and I've had mine since May! The VX is trully a unique ride, and well worth it!

Bart

LANINJA
08/24/2006, 07:27 PM
Congrats on the VX i have had mine for 4 years and it has Served me Very well...

yes the ride is bouncy aka Tight suspension
yes it will Burn oil
keep your window run channels clean and lubed and Go Farther