PDA

View Full Version : Finally after 5.5 yrs.; VX is PAID in FULL!!

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/21/2006, 04:54 PM
Sorry if my doing cartwheels, backflips, and dancing in the street :dance: (kind of like Elaine from "Seinfeld") annoys anybody...but after making payments for 5.5 years (66 months!) the VX is finally MINE :_drool: and the title should be in my hands SOON! I feel like one of those slaves on a viking ship who finally shed his chains and dropped the oars....okay...maybe thats a bit of a stretch...but it feels darned good! ;party:

So..being one of the original owners (this means I paid the HUGE balk of the $32,000 + window sticker instead of waiting for the prices to plummet :_iamwiths like most of you smart VX'ers out there ) I can honestly say that after 5.5 years I still love my VX and have no urge to trade/sell her anytime soon.
That is not normal for me because usually I get bored with a vehicle after a couple of years and yearn for something else ....must be TRUE LOVE :heart: ...lol.

Well...I'm going to head on over to the local pub to celebrate with a couple brewskies :_beer: ...and I'm driving :_steering my Monte Carlo Z-34 so I don't whack a deer with my VX BEFORE I've held the VX's title in my greasy little paws!

:thanx: to everybody :group: here and this site for making my ownership experience a pleasurable one!

tomdietrying
08/21/2006, 04:59 PM
Let be be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!

I still have about 19 more payments, but I will be there before you know it.

Peace.
Tom

Ldub
08/21/2006, 05:45 PM
Let me be the second!!! CONGRATS! :cool:

18 more payments & she's mine, if the last 3 1/2 years are any indication, it'll go by fast.
Then I'll be doing the cartwheels etc! :)

Anita
08/21/2006, 05:50 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAY!

Congratulations!! Having passed that milestone myself I know the feeling!! It IS true love. :yesr:

:_beer:

Jim Hanzak
08/21/2006, 06:07 PM
I only have 48 more payments on mine.....almost there. lol

WyrreJ
08/21/2006, 06:31 PM
The other day, one of my long-term clients (knew me before I got my VX) was telling me about his new accord - it was just like the last one but moreso. He was very happy with the original one he got a few years back (after my VX) and so stuck with it, bland as it may be. He proceeded to ask me when I was going to get a new car since I'd have my VX longer than his previous accord.

I thought about it for a while and said, not any time soon. There just isn't anything else close enough out there, especially in 2-door form. Now if that lambo coupe suv makes it to market I might have to bankrupt myself to get it, but otherwise I'll be holding on to mine till at least the end of the decade.

VCAMILO
08/21/2006, 07:04 PM
Congratulations... 14 more payments ova here... but I might just pay it off in three months once I sell my house. ;)

SPAZZ
08/21/2006, 08:24 PM
I was one of those people too. I paid the full sticker $34,000 zero% interest rate x 60 payments - $1200 down. I would have already had my Ironman paid off, but have been allowed to skip a few payments during my first divorce, then a few during another hard time, then a few when my second wife had cancer the first and second times.

Now I am 3 payments away from feeling as you do now. I can hardly wait!!!!!

You were smart not to drive it this night. Some weirdos karma might be jealous and want to keep you from your clear title.

VehiX
08/22/2006, 04:40 AM
Congrats, I know the feeling all to well. I just paid mine off a few weeks ago!!! The title is sitting in the glove box where it belongs (probably not a good place for it though!)

:)

I just hope my monthly VX payments don't turn in to monthly repair bills :eek:

WormGod
08/22/2006, 06:59 AM
Congrats!

I paid mine off this past April.... only to go out and buy another vehicle, so I am back in the back pocket of the bank AGAIN. *sigh*

kpaske
08/22/2006, 07:19 AM
I'm with you, WormGod, but this time I managed to wait just a little bit longer before going $30k in the hole again - I paid mine off about 18 months ago, but just bought a new VW Jetta TDI.

When I bought my VX for $32k back in '99, I was still single so the VX was a great daily driver for me. This is normally about the time I would be looking to upgrade to a new vehicle. But now that I'm married and have two kids, I got to go out and buy a SECOND car. ;Db; So I get a sporty new 4 door car as my daily driver, and keep the VX as a backup vehicle when the wife and kids need the VW. But don't worry... I'm still putting some money aside for modding the VX. In fact, it's even better now because if it takes me a week or two to get a project done, I still have another car to drive.

E-ZooZoo One
08/22/2006, 10:39 AM
Allow me to be the 12th (or so) to say it…

Congratulations!!!

thedutchguy
08/22/2006, 12:32 PM
sorry, all you guys and anita, but I never buy on credit.
I only buy something when I have the money for it.
What happens when you wreck it and you still have payments left? :confused: Sounds expensive to me!

kpaske
08/22/2006, 02:56 PM
sorry, all you guys and anita, but I never buy on credit. I only buy something when I have the money for it.That's an excellent position to be in financially, but if we all did that most of us couldn't afford cars, let alone houses! I generally don't buy on credit, unless it's an Internet purchase which I pay off at the end of each month. I wish I could buy my cars and real estate that way. Maybe someday. ;Db;

What happens when you wreck it and you still have payments left?If you have taken the time to buy GOOD auto insurance, the bank pays off your vehicle and you go buy another one.

WormGod
08/23/2006, 07:21 AM
sorry, all you guys and anita, but I never buy on credit.
I only buy something when I have the money for it.
What happens when you wreck it and you still have payments left? :confused: Sounds expensive to me!

Its called GAP insurance. It's about $500-$800 more on top of the cost of the car but it is well worth it. When my last VX was totalled after only 3 months of having it (NEW) the GAP covered the depreciation value. Thank God for small favors, but favors nevertheless.

biju
08/23/2006, 07:26 AM
green with envy, as I've got 24 more on the green dragon.

congratulations.

-biju.

fuzzy
04/27/2007, 09:58 AM
So it's a fairly old thread, but I had to mention that my Proton is finally paid off! Just got the title in the mail. Bought my VX new (for a silly high amount) with 5 years at 0% interest (the only way to finance!).

Jolly Roger VX'er
04/27/2007, 05:51 PM
Congratulations to you on paying your beastie off!

On a side note...I tried to get the 0% interest back when I bought mine but the dealership claimed that the VehiCROSS was the only Isuzu model exempt from that offer. They had Trooper's and Rodeos and Rodeo Sports (formally Amigos) on hand with the 0% interest offer available for each one...but the VehiCROSS I bought didn't have the offer advertised on it.

I probably got snookered! I did however, get a pretty low rate with my Credit Union...something like 4.5% if my memory is correct.

Chopper
04/27/2007, 05:58 PM
The best car in the world is a paid for car........ good for you........welcome to the land of the free !!!!!!!!!

Francesco Rizzo
04/28/2007, 05:33 AM
rock on.. I'm done in october! congrats though!

JHarris1385
04/28/2007, 09:13 AM
I cant wait to be done. I pay $386 a month and I am still in college.

VXIRONwoMAN
04/28/2007, 11:52 PM
congrats!!! Had mine for 3 years in May...i am supposed to pay $274 a month... i owe $4400 left and have been paying $1274 for the past few months...soo come summers end and soon after Moab...I will be in the same boat as you...doing plenty of acrobatics! Congrats again!

Ldub
04/29/2007, 07:16 AM
So it's a fairly old thread, but I had to mention that my Proton is finally paid off! Just got the title in the mail. Bought my VX new (for a silly high amount) with 5 years at 0% interest (the only way to finance!).

That's gotta feel good ! It's like getting a big raise in pay. :)

I'm down to 10 months & can't wait.