PDA

View Full Version : too tall???

Deion25
08/14/2006, 07:11 AM
Whats up,

I've just recently become interested in the VX. I'm 6'4 tall and wondering if my heighth would be an issue with this vehicle. Thanks in advance.

transio
08/14/2006, 07:13 AM
I'm almost 6'3 and fit no problem.

I think Maugan is 6'4 or 6'5 and he's never complained about height issues.

You should fit perfectly. :)

biju
08/14/2006, 07:14 AM
6-4 here.

no issues.

-biju.

Maugan_VX
08/14/2006, 07:48 AM
yeah I'm 6'5" with abnormally long legs. I can't fit in small cars like miatas or S2000s, not even the passenger side.

But I have no problems in the VX, the only issue really is that the seat extender thingies really do nothing for me since my thighs don't rest on the seat :)

Deion25
08/14/2006, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the input. That was my biggest concern and since the closest one for sale is about 200 miles away from me, I didn't want to get all the way to the dealer and find out that I couldn't fit in it.

Anita
08/14/2006, 08:49 AM
My fiancee is 6 4 and cannot fit into the driver seat well enough to drive. I dont know why he cant and so many here can. He puts the seat all the way back, stretches forward to steer, his head at a permanent tilt against the roof and his knees getting far too close to the steering wheel. IF any of you tall ones can offer a solution it would be much appreciated. :p We have a weekend drive along the coast and I would love be a passenger for once.

Maugan_VX
08/14/2006, 08:55 AM
my head doesn't even come close to the roof.
when using cruise control, my knees come up a bit... I do tilt the wheel up and down to get in and out.

transio
08/14/2006, 09:19 AM
Anita, if you drop the seat (there's a mod on here somewhere) it should allow your husband to tilt the seat forward without his head hitting the roof, which would simultaneously rotate his hips and stretch out his legs a little more. It would also give the VX more of a "passenger car" feeling, putting the driver a couple inches closer to the ground.

Deion25
08/14/2006, 09:42 AM
Is this necessary for those of us over 6' tall?

Anita
08/14/2006, 09:54 AM
No, my fiancee's case is the ONLY person I know that couldnt fit in well. There is a great number of tall guys that fit fine in the VX. You have heard already from a few. My Mike is a mutation, I think.

;)

Ruflyf
08/14/2006, 11:31 AM
I think it depends greatly on the inclination of the back part of the seat...basically personal preference. If you have it straight up and down you will hit the roof, if you have it laid straight back of course you wont. I have the seat mod on the drivers side and I must say at 6ft I like the drivers seat much more than the passenger seat. I would definately check it out before you commit to it, however if you truely love the vx, mods are available for just about everything.

Joe_Black
08/14/2006, 12:08 PM
My Mike is a mutation, I think.
Short arm syndrome maybe? :p

I'm 6'3", 245 lbs. and have no trouble fitting and find it quite roomy, even when wearing a helmet for rallycross. Heraclid is longer through the torso than I and has to recline the seat to fit with a helmet, but still fits.

Bimati
08/14/2006, 03:48 PM
I'm a full 6'3" and love the space.

As with every car I drive, I took out the Driver's side sunvisor and driver's grab handle for extra head room and I gained upward visibility without the visor so I don't kink my neck every time I'm lookin to see when the light turns green.

Biju....6'4"? C'mon, man....this isn't a dating forum....... :p

Bim

WyrreJ
08/14/2006, 03:50 PM
Of course this site is self-selecting, you are unlikely to find a single owner here who can't easily fit in their VX, else they would not have bought it in the first place. People like Anita's guy may be a lot more common in the general population than they are here.

fuzzy
08/15/2006, 07:58 AM
Another 6'3"-6'4" here and I have to do the neck crunch to see traffic lights. Seat is all the way back (but not lowered) and while I wouldn't mind a couple more inches, it fits my legs much better than my XTerra.

Have only hit my head getting in/out once. I DID just bang my lower lip against the upper corner of the door, though. Don't recommend doing that for fun.

creeg
08/15/2006, 08:57 AM
6'2", no problems unless I go over a nasty bump, sometimes hit my head on the roof.

One thing I did that really helped visibilty is to adjust the hieght of the rear view mirror: grab the mirror and move it up toward the top of the window. Since the mirror has 2 joints, it can be pushed up towards the roof a couple inches.

when I first got the car, I drove around with it "down" the window for a couple months until I realized it could be moved up.

Deion25
08/15/2006, 12:06 PM
Alright, thanks for all of your advise. Looks like the best thing to do try to find a dealer that has this truck as close as possible and sit in it for myself.

tbigity
08/15/2006, 09:47 PM
5' 11'' here and no problems ;)

ok...sorry, I just had to with all these "tallies" replying.

BUt sersiously, I got in the BACK seat and had plenty o room. Granted, getting back there was a bit much, but I was INCREDIBLY impressed with the room all around. And that seems to be the first thing that people say when they get in, usually in this order:

1) "ohh...it's nice"
2) "wow...there's [tons] of room" ("tons" sometimes substituted for "ample", "plenty" or in the case of my friends with limited language skills "a lot"
3) "geez! even the back seat has [tons] of room" (same story on "tons" here too)

VCAMILO
08/16/2006, 03:10 PM
Im 6'3" and lost about 1.5 inches on the roof when I got my slide in sunroof installed. When I sit slightly on a lean Im about 1 inch from the roof. No complains here.

Knigh7s
08/16/2006, 04:23 PM
Well I'm 6'6" and 245lbs, I just put the seat all the way back and then recline it just enough to where I don’t have to stretch my left arm straight out to hold the steering wheel at 12o'clock. But with the endless construction going on in the streets of Vegas, if I drive over a bump going any where near 45mph, I am sure to slam my head on the ceiling! Can’t imagine going off road! Ha-ha, But other than the bumps, or if I can anticipate the bumps, I have enough time to duck, I have no problems. I have more than enough room to do everything else. You just won't catch me trying to climb into the back seat!!

dietz99vcross
08/16/2006, 05:53 PM
I'm 6'4" and prefer the seat more upright. I know its a close fit because after 100,000 miles the headliner has gotten a little dirty right above my head, and thats even with the receding hairline :)