PDA

View Full Version : Sylvania Silverstar headlights

Modtodd82
08/10/2006, 05:17 PM
Hi everyone, I just bought a set of Silverstar bulbs, I've read a lot of good things about them. Has anyone else had any experience with them? They are supposed to be a bright white color, 4000K on the color scale. I just installed, gonna go for a drive and see if i like them.

Joe_Black
08/10/2006, 05:57 PM
Heraclid runs them and I recall he seemed happy, hopefully he'll chime in.

I ran PIAA Super Plasma GT bulbs in my Dragon and was very happy with them, but I've since found a most excellent Hella bulb available from www.rallylights.com where there area a variety of wattage combinations.

driver3
08/10/2006, 05:59 PM
I bought expenive piaa lights and they went out like 6 months later.. I didn't touch the bulbs during the install or anything.. I was careful.. they did not last long. I bought silverstars and they have been my bulbs for about 2 years.. I will buy them every time.

Spike
08/10/2006, 07:34 PM
Been using SilverStars since before I bought my VX 3.5 yrs ago (holycrap are we getting old!)

Anyway, I like them a lot... I get usually 2-3 yrs out of SilverStars

Previously I was using other unknown brands of blue tinted bulbs and they would burn out in 6-10 months...

jkstephens83
08/11/2006, 12:43 PM
As far as I am concerned they are the best bulbs you can buy. Well, shy of HID

dynamojon
08/11/2006, 02:12 PM
What are the other headlight that y'all use? or just stock?

VXD959
08/13/2006, 06:19 PM
What's the model number on the Silverstars that will fit the VX?

Ldub
08/13/2006, 06:32 PM

Check out Tones site, (tonemonday.com) he's got some higher wattage bulbs available that are a step up from stock, yet way less expensive than HIDs.

Joe_Black
08/13/2006, 06:59 PM
www.rallylights.com has the serious, real-deal lighting solution for y'all. C'mon, Hella? Professional grade, plain and simple. :)

And here are your options: H4 Bulb Upgrades & Selections (http://www.rallylights.com/hella/H4.asp)

deton8r
09/02/2006, 11:11 AM
I run the SilverStars on my Axiom and am very happy with them. Much better than the GE NightHawks.

E-ZooZoo One
09/03/2006, 08:33 AM
I run the SilverStars on my Axiom and am very happy with them. Much better than the GE NightHawks.
AMEN to THAT!!!

I've been running the SilverStars in the Rodeo for quite a while now, and have been VERY pleased with them - but when one of them burned-out a while back, I was a wee-bit short on funds, so I picked-up a pair of NightHawks instead...

After installing them, I drove less than a block from my house before noticing how much weaker they were - that was all it took... I turned right around, grabbed the original package & my recipt, headed straight back to Wally-World for a refund, and then gladly paid the difference in price for a set of SilverStars.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON!

uncle_asa
09/03/2006, 09:39 AM
I've been using 3A Racing bulbs on my Jeep XJ and they was pretty good for me.

Here (http://www.zx-12r.org/Motorcycle_info/Information%20Pages/Auto%20Express%20H7%20Bulbs%20Test.htm) you can find some comparision I found one day on the net. May be it give you some hints :-)

crager34
09/03/2006, 08:54 PM
2nd VX and 2nd set of Silverstars. Just goto your local Auto Parts store and they should have em.