PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Lift/Wheels/Tires

Bimati
08/06/2006, 07:07 PM
Wanted to say thanks to all you people who helped and offered tips and tricks for the lift. Couldn't have done it without you, and it's done just in time for COZUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Thanks tons!!!!

OME 912's, 2006 Yukon Wheels and Tires.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/Lift_001.jpg

WormGod
08/07/2006, 06:57 AM
People.... stop lifting your VXs already!

I want to lift mine SO BAD but it wouldnt fit in the garage afterwards. And since she is my weekend ride now, I don't want to leave her out in the scary anti-automobile atmoshpere known as Mother Nature's wrath. :p

Nice job. Get some meat under there now and make her complete. ;)

nfpgasmask
08/07/2006, 10:26 AM
I'm sick with jealously also, especially with that backdrop. It makes me hate living in Chicago even more.

Bart

Wanted to say thanks to all you people who helped and offered tips and tricks for the lift. Couldn't have done it without you, and it's done just in time for COZUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Thanks tons!!!!

OME 912's, 2006 Yukon Wheels and Tires.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/Lift_001.jpg

VCrossfan
08/07/2006, 10:33 AM
Looks Nice...How tight were the fronts as to the i.d. (center bore) of the wheel. I think GM Trucks/SUV's are 100.3mm and Vx's are 108mm. Did you have to machine the I.D. of the wheel or space it out???

biju
08/07/2006, 10:45 AM
Nice job, jeff.

See you this weekend.

-biju.

Bimati
08/07/2006, 10:49 AM
Center bores:

These wheels had a center bore of about 80MM, and didn't allow room for machining so I used 2-1/4" Billet aluminum spacers on all four wheels. This is the perfect size to clear the front hub and give the hubless look to the center of the wheel.

Beware, even with a lift and only 265/70/17's, Due to the extra offset created by the spacers, there is a bunch more trimming to do than installing wheels without spacers.

PEEEEEECE,
Bim

JoFotoz
08/07/2006, 11:28 AM
Talking of which....!!!

Any news on the custom rack towers you were fabricating?

Can you give a time line and approx cost??

If its not gonna happen ...let me know and I'll try and do some.

TIA

jo

kpaske
08/07/2006, 12:59 PM
Cool! It's an Isuzu with GMC wheels and a big HONDA grill logo!! ;Db;

Ldub
08/07/2006, 07:24 PM
Congrats !,

You just won the award for "most GM parts on a VX" :p

Have fun at COZU & keep a watchful eye on those spacers & lugnutz ! :eek:

Bimati
08/07/2006, 10:24 PM
Still working onthe billet roof rack. It sort of got put on the back burner with lifts/wheels/tires, motorcycles, supermodels, etc.

Alright, kpaske...if my cast aluminum, laser etched and enameled grill badge looks like a "Honda" logo, I'll get out the grinder and see what I can do to change it a bit....don't want people to think I customized a CRV.

ameetw
08/08/2006, 12:56 AM
if my cast aluminum, laser etched and enameled grill badge looks like a "Honda" logo, I'll get out the grinder and see what I can do to change it a bit....don't want people to think I customized a CRV.

No..no... don't waste your time modifying the grill badge make a new one and send me the old one :rolleyes: :p

Kenny
08/08/2006, 11:23 AM
Good job bim. Looks good!
Please keep me in the loop on the roof rack mod.

Cheers.
Ken

kpaske
08/09/2006, 09:54 AM
Alright, kpaske...if my cast aluminum, laser etched and enameled grill badge looks like a "Honda" logo, I'll get out the grinder and see what I can do to change it a bit....don't want people to think I customized a CRV.

I haven't seen it close up, but I'm sure it's very nice. ;)

I guess it doesn't look exactly like the Honda logo, but that was the first thing I thought of, FWIW. I love the wheels though! ;Db;

crager34
08/09/2006, 12:54 PM
That is an awsome looking bike rack you have there!!!! (wink)

The lift looks great.