PDA

View Full Version : EGR Thingy

skullcap
07/30/2006, 04:37 PM
Ok the CE light popped-on today, I'm guessing it's the EGR, though I've not yet had the codes read.

My reliable Isuzu mechanics at Horton, in Atlanta, are gone.

On a seperate note, I've forked-over too much already to Royal Isuzu in Decatur, GA to address a problem they didn't fix, i.e., the anomolous blowing turn-signal, power window, transmission mode switch fuse.

No matter how many times I refer to postings on VehiCross.info, I get the "90% of the time, the stuff off the web is wrong". I can't stand over them while they evaluate the wiring harness, but that's another issue.

Back to the CE light, the info posted here on EGR cleaning seems informative, but none of the links to details work any longer. Can anyone re-post or add to the "How To" section?

85k miles seems like nominal wear on a Japanese-made vehicle for all the ticky things that are now occurring. That's been par-for-the-course on most GM vehicles, but I didn't expect it from Isuzu.

I'm leaning on retiring the VX to the realm of hobby-car or terminating my relationship with this fascinating, but poorly supported, swan-song of Isuzu engineering.

SPAZZ
07/30/2006, 08:11 PM
Isuzu engineering sucks.

1) strip it. Rewire it your way.
2) Get rid of it
3) Deal with it, pay out the a5s for Isuzu to do the work for you.
4) learn to clean the Egr. Not hard. Like Nike. JUST DO IT.

Serious. Break out the BFH :eek: