PDA

View Full Version : Another possible alternative for clear lenses

VehiX
06/22/2002, 08:44 AM
So in my search for cheaper clear corners I have so far found the mazda miata ones for the rear sides.

In further research I see that .....and don't laugh.... that the Suzuki swift Si and some Geo's have very similar looking clear lenses that came stock on the car for the front turn signals.

I need to source down a beater Geo or Swift Si to see if they are an exact match and test fit them.

So far on just looking at a distance at them (don't want to be caught scoping out a Geo :laugho: ) They appear to be the same.

This should offer another cheap solution to cheap obtainable clear lenses for the directinals :)

I'll let you all know what I find, unless of course you know some one with one of these cars that would let you test fit them.

Simple to remove and swap out for a test fit.

Oh yeah, back to the rear side markers, I found that the Mazda MX3 uses the same lense as us and the miata. In case you are looking to get a pair!

mrtew
06/22/2002, 09:28 PM
Cool! Let's see some pix of this stuff! My imagination is not working!;pg;

donavon
06/23/2002, 02:01 PM
I'd be interested in the results of the "Geo Test". I was contemplating having a body shop cover over the front marker lights (like the Japanese version) relying only on the “horn” lights.

Keep us informed!

donavon
06/23/2002, 06:09 PM
After re-reading your original post (and looking at Geo/Suzuki pics on the Internet), I realized that you were talking about the turn signals and not the front markers.

It's hard to tell from these pics. It's possible.

http://www.ssgti.net/pic6/imr2.jpg http://www.ssgti.net/pic2/david4.jpg

Oh, well. To the body shop I go...

VehiX
06/24/2002, 05:46 AM
I'm wierd like that, I pay attention to almost all cars to look for ideas and to get parts from.

The swift and the geo's seem to be the only other car out there that I can see shares the same directional lenses as us, only difference is.... it is clear. (which is what I want)

I have yet to get a hold of some but damn they look exaclty the same ;Do;

I think I'm going to try and find a junk yard around me this week and see if I can get a hold of a set.

It appears there is another model geo that has newer updated lenses that might fit too, they are clear and look a little more modern. I want to try a test fit on those as well.