PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 Trail Flag

nfpgasmask
07/20/2006, 03:41 PM
Hey everyone, I am going to the dunes soon with a couple friends and I will probably do a few trails.

I was wondering, for those of you out there who have ever been on a designated 4x4 trail, what method did you use to mount the typical orange trail flag to your VX? I was thinking of making some sort of small bracket that I could screw into the license plate holes or something. I don't have a hitch (yet) unfortunately.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks - Bart

Moncha
07/21/2006, 06:21 AM
A while back ago, we made flags for a 'ZuZoo event in Moab and placed the diamond shaped flags on the radio antenna... Don;t recommend driving at high speeds with them but on the trails they seemed to work just fine..

yal^
07/21/2006, 08:01 PM
I had a T shape bracket made to mount to my licence plate. Costed me something around $25. The only drawback was that the fiberglass flag rod kept hitting plastic insert on the back of the hatch. Nothing that some soft padding around the rod and a duck tape couldn't fix....

nfpgasmask
07/21/2006, 08:37 PM
Cool, I think that is what I will do. I will remember to bring some padding and tape.

Thanks - Bart

I had a T shape bracket made to mount to my licence plate. Costed me something around $25. The only drawback was that the fiberglass flag rod kept hitting plastic insert on the back of the hatch. Nothing that some soft padding around the rod and a duck tape couldn't fix....

nfpgasmask
07/24/2006, 04:51 PM
Here is my solution. I will be padding up the pole also.

Bart

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/flagrig.jpg