PDA

View Full Version : Running hot? time for a coolant change?

AndyC
07/17/2006, 05:53 AM
Hey Guys I was wondering if anyone has had their VX run hot - coolant temp?
This was the first time I had this happen but I guess some what understandable. I was pulling my Seadoo Speedster jet boat up a steep hill an as I got to the top the temp was edging closer to H than it ever has - actually the highest I've ever seen.(A/C was off) I never had this problem in the past towing. The only thing that I have done was put on the 285/60/18 so I know there is more weight there. I'm wondering if it's time for a coolant flush and install some new stuff. Also the temps were in the 90's yesterday.

OH on a plus side when I got back to the lanch to load up the boat, A guy came up and was asking me about the VX - "what's that a 07" Then I told him it was an 01 :)

Andrey
07/17/2006, 06:32 AM
Andy,

The size of the tire should not play that big of a role in overheating. I would start with flush but besides check for leaks. If you got an airpocket in the system the engine will be overheating. Do not tow the boat with engine overheating ! Our ATF is getting cooled off in the radiator also.

AndyC
07/17/2006, 06:56 AM
Hey Andrey, Yeah I know but it wasn't in the danger zone but it was climbing. If it continued I was going to stop and let it cool. Once I reached the peak the temp went back to normal. I'm going to flush out the old put in some new antifreeze and go from there. Like I said I didn't have any signs of the higher temps in the last 3 years when pulling the boat on the same route.

On a side note does anyone know if the tranny begins to over heat will the tranny light come on? Not that I was worried of that happening.