PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Owner's Manual

chumone
04/22/2003, 11:01 AM
I just bought myself a 2001 Ironman. Great car, but it did not come with the owner's manual. Anybody know of a cheap/easy place to get a copy? I can probably get one through the local Isuzu dealer, but figure you folks might have a better lead.

SPAZZ
04/22/2003, 11:50 AM
I could burn you a copy of my "2001" manual, plus if you needed a CD rom repair disk......one of those too?

johnnyapollo
04/22/2003, 02:10 PM
I don't believe that they actually printed an owners manual for 2001 (It came with a 2000 Manual). You'll need to find one for 2000 (the 1999 lacks some changes such as the climate control). If I have some time, I'll try to do some scans. You can probably get a set from your dealer... dunno how much, though, or one of the junkyards that has a VX may have the manuals.

-- John

SABR2TH
04/22/2003, 02:24 PM
chumone,
Try helminc.com. Our '99 VX came without an owner's manual and we ordered one for it from them. It was quickly delivered and authentic. Not sure about for '01 or Ironman edition but its worth a look. Hope this helps.

Mark

AlaskaVX
04/22/2003, 03:01 PM
I have an 01 Ironman and it came with a manual. At least the guy that owned it before me had a manual in there. I could maybe make copies if you want

IsuZOOM
04/22/2003, 04:41 PM
My '01 has a manual..

chumone
04/22/2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the offers and tips, guys. I went ahead and ordered one from helminc.com. They got some repair manuals too, but pricey.

SPAZZ
04/22/2003, 09:19 PM
Could've got you both for free.

SGT.BATGUANO
04/22/2003, 10:07 PM
2001's come with a 2001 owners manual. Mine did, anyway.

johnnyapollo
04/23/2003, 03:26 AM
I stand corrected on the 2001 Manual. The salesman apparently lied to me. I've ordered a 2001 from helm. Thanks for the clarification sgt!

-- John

SABR2TH
04/23/2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by chumone
Thanks for the offers and tips, guys. I went ahead and ordered one from helminc.com. They got some repair manuals too, but pricey.

Glad that helminc tip helped. As far as the service manuals, you are absolutely right, they are kinda pricey. I really wanted one because I'll actually have the service for the Tiger performed at a Toyota dealership (the mechanic there is a good friend I can trust, which you all know is hard to come by when it comes to work on your vehicle). The cheaper solution I found was a service manual on CD offered on ebay for closer to the $25 dollar range. Has all the wiring diagrams, computer codes, you name it for viewing in Acrobat Reader format (Acrobat Reader included on the disc). Now my mechanic buddy has a copy for reference whenever we (my wife is the everyday driver on the VX) need service. I think there is one up for bid there (ebay) now. Another helpful item I found there was a complete parts list from what seems to be an insurance estimator's handbook. Lets me know part numbers and expected prices. Hope this helps too.

Midknyt

Navigator
04/23/2003, 08:33 AM
IMO... Items such as these should be available free of charge in PDF format for owners to download as needed as a service to the consumer for all vehicles. Thanks community for correcting the automotive industry oversight :D

SPAZZ
04/24/2003, 10:48 AM
Whoever you are who emailed me in regards to hooking you up with a manual and a repair disc? There was an error with the message and I was unable to reply back. So, try again, maybe this time it will work. Just let me know more info than what was on your email to me.