PDA

View Full Version : rancho c/u installed

Francesco Rizzo
07/09/2006, 08:48 PM
Hey, I went over to JeepersDen in Orlando this past Friday and got my control unit installed for my rancho rs9000x’s. They originally said it would take 2 hours for the install, but wanted to charge me six by the time they finished the job- no write up was ever done before-hand. Regardless, I ended up paying 260 for the install or 3.5 hours. The only reason why I payed was because the front two shocks went bad, the price included a replacement through warranty with no questions asked, no additional labor charged. I made sure this was listed on the reciept. Anyway, the unit won’t work until I change out the new shocks. The current ones are good with the exception of the adjustments being rusted and stuck at current setting. Has anyone delt with rancho's warranty or this place in orlando? I figured that everything works out once they install the new shocks; otherwise I would have screemed bloody murder.

gorancho.com was warrantied for life for orig owner cosidering normal wear and tear- found this on rancho's site:

Qualifying Products
Rancho® RS9000X™ Performance Shock Absorbers
Rancho® RSX™ Performance Shock Absorbers
Rancho® RS5000™ Performance Shock Absorbers
Suspension Components
Tenneco's obligation under this warranty is limited to replacement of the worn-out or defective product in accordance with this warranty. Cost of removal and installation are not included, and any incidental and consequential damages are excluded under this warranty. This warranty does not apply to products which have been modified, improperly applied or installed on vehicles used for commercial or racing purposes.

JULIAN911
07/10/2006, 10:30 AM
How's the control unit working? any leakeage? I bought one but never installed it and am thinking about selling since it's easy enough to adjust manually.

Francesco Rizzo
07/15/2006, 08:28 AM
wow, finally got it all installed. The price of labor at this place was 268, with the front shocks replaced out for warranty. They had me sit for 4 and a half hours and then they tried to charge me 6. Some other guy had been waiting with me for about half the time and got charged 150 bucks just to install an aftermarket cold-air intake on his navigator. Anyway, there's a leak in the system somewhere. I was gonna say something but since I needed to mke a fligth later, I just left. I'm not sure if it's the front or the back, but they will both go up to 10 equally, and then one starts to just fall; kinda progressive in intervals and not all at once. It almost stops half way. I guess I will go around with some soapy water and look for bubbles, hoping it's just a missing gasket or something not on tight. Anyway, JeepersDen in Orlando seems like some cool people and a nice place, but beware what you get youself into. Make sure evertyhing's on paper like always before hand.