PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy.

Dumke
07/06/2006, 12:00 PM
Well my car finally went kaput... not a Vx but one was given to me so I am looking for a car and well hmm why not a VX finally..

So here is the question I guess. What should I look for '99, '00 or '01 or does it matter?? Also whats A good range of miles. Like if I did go '99 whats too many miles? Also what should I look for as well when looking @ one to see if any fixes may need to be done later on

I guess any and all info would be nice. I have looked on auto trader and such and looking other places but cant make up my mind on yr. I guess my fear is me buying and it going kaput as well. But there is risk in anything I just wanted some insite I guess.

etlsport
07/06/2006, 12:13 PM
theres always risk in buying a used car, you never know how the previous owner treated it, usually the fewer owners, the better, id try to buy from someone on this site, usually you can see history of the car through posts, that and we tend to keep our cars better than most

99's have 16" rims 00 and 01 have 18"
00 and 01 have automatic AC controls, 99 does not

i think those are the only differences other than the colors there were available

be on the lookout for fuel econ (some people report getting as low at 12-13mpg where as i get 17-20)
look for broken CD changer
sticking windows

do a search, this question has been asked and answered at least 4 times in the last 6 months

Triathlete
07/06/2006, 12:20 PM
Also the 00 & 01's have a longer warranty that is transferable (half the term) to the 2nd owner.

etlsport
07/06/2006, 12:26 PM
dont get your hopes up about finding a VX with a factory warranty (unless your buying from someone in your family) the longest ive heard of a warranty lasting for the second owner is late this year (i have an 01 with 45k miles and mine only lasts til oct)

if you are worried about the car dying on you, you can always get an aftermarket warranty, many will cover anything that happens to your VX and since VXs are relatively new, and you can find them with low milage, it shouldnt cost you too much to get a warranty on it

Triathlete
07/06/2006, 12:29 PM
Yep, if you do a search here you will find several posts about aftermarket warranties (good and bad).
Good luck in your search and good taste in choice!

99VX4x4
07/09/2006, 06:52 PM
my vx is for sale with an aftermarket warranty