PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu's Car Remote

tomdietrying
04/21/2003, 07:09 PM
Is it my car remote or all the Isuzu's remotes pretty crappy? My VX remote will only work about 15-20 ft. from the car.:confused: On the other hand, my Nissan Xterra's remote will work at least 100 yds away.;eeky;

Is there anything I can do to improve the range?

RalphDog
04/21/2003, 07:19 PM
Check the only post in the "How To" section and your prayers will be answered....

skullcap
04/21/2003, 07:20 PM
Follow this link and some of your woes shall be relieved:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?postid=5090#post5090

(Thanks to Carlymac for setting my remote on this path. A quick 5-minute mod that adds 30-40 feet of range.)

:dance:

Tone
04/21/2003, 08:57 PM
Might want to change your battery in the remote as well, something Spazz has seemingly neglected to check...or at least discuss as it would be the first thing to check when range decreases. ;)

VehiX
04/21/2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Tone
Might want to change your battery in the remote as well, something Spazz has seemingly neglected to check...

hehe;pb;

I rewired the antena for the remote a few days ago and noticed a small improvement , battery is next.

Seemed like a logical idea so I did it, no harm done. Easy to do to, took 10 min.

I suspect once I replace the battery in the remote, the remote will have greater range than it would have normally.

Oh well, after market alarm soon to come anyway. just trying to make the best of what I have for now.

Moncha
04/21/2003, 10:08 PM
I ran my wire up along the rubber seal to avoid it being completely surrounded by metal and I get a very good range..

Daver
04/22/2003, 08:19 AM
Whatever SPAZZ. Nobody called you stupid. Tone's post was not inflamatory, but yours was.

So you're unlucky then. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than being stupid.

-Daver

SABR2TH
04/22/2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Whatever SPAZZ. Nobody called you stupid. Tone's post was not inflamatory, but yours was.

So you're unlucky then. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than being stupid.

-Daver

Hmmm, I don't have a dog in this fight at all so I'm an impartial reader and implied stupidity is exactly what I got out of Tone's reply. I was just scanning posts when I read it and, yep, it sounded just like a lop-sided grin, smack upside the ego to me. I don't know either one of them and I even plan on doing business with Tone in the future, but, hey, thats the way it comes across in writing. And I don't know history or motivation behind this or if Tone just has a kinda sarcastic, yankin' your chain sense of humor like me (hence the lop sided grin comment, 'cause I can see me saying it, grin in place, to someone's face to get their reaction), but reading it cold, you're wrong, Daver, it was inflammatory.

-'Knyt

VehiX
04/22/2003, 01:05 PM
I believe the tension was caused by previous posts. But that's just my .02 :)

However.....let's not clutter this post with snide remarks from ANYONE. There is a time and a place for everything and this post is not one of them.

Move along folks ;py;

I will replace my battery in the next few days and see how things go then report my findings with the rest of the VX community. I can see in some cases how rewireing the antena can promote better reception but we'll see.

johnnyapollo
04/22/2003, 02:08 PM
Carl moved my antenna up the door post, and I can see the improvement. Added about 10 feet from the opposite side of the VX, and about 20 from the front and same side.

-- John

Bantan
04/22/2003, 02:53 PM
I actually like the idea of my remote only working up to 10 feet away. I have heard stories about people with long range remotes who for example, while in a restaurant eating, reach into their pockets or hand bags to get money to pay the bill and inadvertently pressing the unlock button on their car alarm/remote, when they get to their car in the parking lot things are missing but no sign of break in. This is one reason I did not get the popper or remote start as yet (building up the courage). When I arm my alarm I want to be there to see it(seeing is believing). It gives me peace of mind.
Just my take on this subject.

Regards,
Mercer

psychos2
04/22/2003, 06:46 PM
try putting it up to your chin and pushing the button.or holding your hand over the end of the remote..it used to work with my aftermarket alarm.have not tried it with the vx alarm. shawn

VehiX
04/22/2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by psychos2
try putting it up to your chin and pushing the button.or holding your hand over the end of the remote..it used to work with my aftermarket alarm.have not tried it with the vx alarm. shawn

This does seem to work but my problem with this method is ...... A) it looks silly and B) I feel wierd doing it.

I don't know ... maybe it's just me :rolly2:

SGT.BATGUANO
04/22/2003, 10:02 PM
While holding and depressing the remote with the right hand, swing a dead cat over your head 13 times in the other hand!

It works for me! just have to keep getting a new cat when the old one starts stinkin'

p.s. Isuzu hasn't had car remotes for some years.

Panther_Black_VX
04/23/2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by SGT.BATGUANO
While holding and depressing the remote with the right hand, swing a dead cat over your head 13 times in the other hand!
It works for me! just have to keep getting a new cat when the old one starts stinkin'
p.s. Isuzu hasn't had car remotes for some years.

Sarge! You crack me up!! :laugho:

Since this seem to be such a problem what about after market stuff. I am sure someone has replaced the stock alarm with something new. Any suggestions, cost, comments, recommendations?

I admit I hate having to walk right up to the door to unlock the car. This especially sucks when you just want to open the car for someone near it. Then you have to walk to the car also! Sad... :nob:

WormGod
04/23/2003, 07:27 AM
I deal with the same thing, on and off. SOmetimes it works good, other times, well, not so good. Changing the battery, bloodletting, facing Mecca, even sacrificing baby whales.... nothing seems to improve it once it goes downhill. Maybe these remotes just age rapidly. *shrugs*

I think my long term solution with be an all all new system. Go with a Viper again or something. Most systems nowadays have the lock remote system stock, so that'll do.

Navigator
04/23/2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Bantan
I actually like the idea of my remote only working up to 10 feet away. I have heard stories about people with long range remotes who for example, while in a restaurant eating, reach into their pockets or hand bags to get money to pay the bill and inadvertently pressing the unlock button on their car alarm/remote, when they get to their car in the parking lot things are missing but no sign of break in. This is one reason I did not get the popper or remote start as yet (building up the courage). When I arm my alarm I want to be there to see it(seeing is believing). It gives me peace of mind.
Just my take on this subject.

Regards,
Mercer

Yep, I agree. I keep my VX on a short chain as well ;) 5' or less...MAX range. No matter what remote you use, the button can be triggerd accidentally and open your doors to the public without your knowing it.