PDA

View Full Version : I'm a daddy!!!!

SPAZZ
07/06/2006, 08:25 AM
July 5th 2006 5:20PM

Max Aaron Bruns
6pounds 4ounces
19 1/4 inches

Natural birth, no meds, no suction, no forcepts, no conehead bebe here!!!

Surprising considering Shannon has a completely fused spine with removed rods, heart condition, rib reconstruction, bone grafts and cancer. When Max came into the world he had some trouble breathing so they took him to the beby ICU and hooked him up to a breather. He stayed hooked up till midnight.

Hopefully we get to hold him today and Shannon gets to nurse him. I'm about to GTA SAn Andreas in the streets back to the hospital to check on Max & Shannon. I got kicked out of hospital and had to go home to take care of our 4 dogs and prepare for Max's home coming!!!!!!!

Cyrk
07/06/2006, 08:26 AM
CONGRATS!!! It is the best feeling. Good luck.

Tobert
07/06/2006, 08:27 AM
Congratulations!

Anita
07/06/2006, 09:19 AM
Congratulations James!! Best wishes for you, Shannon and baby Max. :heart:

kpaske
07/06/2006, 10:45 AM
Congratulations!! My second was born two weeks ago so I know exactly what you'll be going through... ;Db;

callmesti
07/06/2006, 10:54 AM
:o
take naps when baby naps..............that's MY best advice!!
:bgwp: kids are the best blessing you could EVER have (I have a 3 yr old), God bless and good luck!

AREA 51
07/06/2006, 11:11 AM
We've had our differences, but congrats and best wishes for good health to all of you

Velvis
07/06/2006, 11:42 AM
Hope all are well, I can't think of a better thing to happen to you. Prepare for a major life change (for the better). My 11 year old son is away at camp for the first time and it's hard on us -- 3 plates instead of 4, no argument over who says Grace before dinner, super-hyper little sister with no foil, etc. Kids make you better people if you let them.

Velvis ;)

VCrossfan
07/06/2006, 12:52 PM
Congrats :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

Joe_Black
07/06/2006, 01:01 PM
Congrats and many well-wishes! :)

Commando
07/06/2006, 08:49 PM
Way to go, Spazz! Best wishes to you and Shannon. Enjoy the little guy to the Max (so to speak).

MZ-N10
07/06/2006, 09:29 PM
grats

TEN36VX
07/06/2006, 09:59 PM
Congrats on your future wheelin' buddy.
Mine is almost 3 and love my VX: "We go offroading, dada?"

I am sure he will be the joy in your life just as my two kids are.

Velvis
07/07/2006, 03:52 AM
How's Shannon? Keep us posted.

Ron Pfeiffer
07/07/2006, 04:11 AM
Best wishes for all of you!

- Ron

SPAZZ
07/07/2006, 09:21 AM
Baby still in the ICU, but they removed him off the breather. Shannon has been crying the whole time and we both have been extremely(yes, I have been crying too) worried for the litttle guy.

He had been having an extremely hard time trying to get air so the breather made his life so much easier he slept really hard for a long time. When they took him off finally he still breathes fast, but he is getting much better. We both are just hoping it stays that way and improves.

The Hospital kept Shannon because she needed rest and to recover and because of MAx's condition. I have been bouncing back and fourth between hospital and home taking care of dogs, preparing for Max, and then spending as much time with Baby and Shannon as possible.

I took the week off and work(MIcron) fired meand told me if family comes first then do what you gotta do, but your job will not be waiting. NOt understandable, because when I took that job I told like 30 people in every step of the hiring and management process and wrote it down on all paper work that my wife was due 1'st or 2nd week in July and that they should expect me to miss at least one week (3 or 4 day 12 hour shifts) for that and I was not going to miss my son's birth and my wife was has health problems and is on Medicaid. They greased my hind end, told me that they would not see it anyother way and would not hire me if they thought I would come to work and call an ambulance for my wife to deliver without me.

So, when I went home for lunch and Shannon was in labor and I called my Supervisor and told them I would not be coming back after lunch and taking my wife to deliver and later called back and updated him that I needed the rest of the week off that it was real he informed me I would not have a job anymore. I told him I that's ok I would not want to work for anyone whom would not understand that a Mom or Dad would need to be there for the birth of their child.

If anyone is intersted we have a regestry at www.babiesrus.com under Shannon and James Bruns everything or anything that someone picks comes off the registry to prevent duplicated items. And if someone didn't want to worry about shipping they could call Meridian IDaho Babies r us after they surfed the registry and then tell them what they pick and the store can remove it off the registry.

Thank you all for the Good wishes and Congrats. ANd please keep us all in your Thoughts and Prayers. Max needs everything that everyone has to give emotionally and spiritually. I am off to the Va to test my liver and then to see Shannon and MAx

etlsport
07/07/2006, 09:55 AM
congratulations and all of my best wishes, i will be praying for the little guy

i know the last thing you want to be thinking about right now is laws, but i do beleive you have rights to paternity leave. i would look into it, im pretty sure that if your company offers any type of maternity leave, they must provide a similar period of paternity leave. even if you dont want to be working for a @#$#@*#@ like that, you may be able to claim wrongful termination

nocturnalVX
07/07/2006, 09:59 AM
Congrats! :clap:
Glad to hear that your wife & son are both doing well. Sorry to hear that corporate America turned it's back on you & your new family. Good luck and best wishes SPAZZ!
:luck:

I looked into the baby registry thing, but found one in BOISE, ID for SHANNON BRUNS/RODNEY WILLIAMS... is this the correct one & who is Rodney Williams?

kpaske
07/07/2006, 12:34 PM
Wow, that's a real load of crud your company is laying on you. It's sad to see any employer would put you in that position over a few days off. I'm guessing you are a contractor and not a full time employee, otherwise you would certainly have some recourse.

I hope you and your growing family all get well soon.

smorris65
07/07/2006, 02:53 PM
My son is almost 3 and truly the best thing that I have ever experienced.
He loves our Proton VX and also going offroad.
Your family is in my prayers.

Tone
07/07/2006, 04:30 PM
Congrats! There is nothing better in life than raising a child.:wave:

GOVEHIX
07/07/2006, 09:39 PM
Best Wishes!!!

SPAZZ
07/07/2006, 10:10 PM
not sure yet who the Rodney Williams is. We have removed that guy and they keep putting him back on.

But, as long as you get the address 5899 S TallowTree Way
Boise, Idaho

and not that guy Rodney Williams I belive in New York or something.

I think he hacked in and wants free baby stuff.

Max finally started breathing a little slower today. I guess enough for them to remove him out of the ICU and upstairs to the pediatrics in his own room where they will keep him for at least two more days if not longer. IF he is still breathing stable and hopefully slower yet then they might let him go home with us.

I made a few calls, I guess to the right places and to the right people and said the right things. Because I received an apology saying that my job would be waiting when I returned to work.

ok, that's out. whatever. I'm still not sure what that was about.

Andrey
07/08/2006, 06:02 AM
Spazz, best wishes on new arrival ! Hope everything will be fine ! Who was your employer - Micron ? I'll stop buying anything possibly or remotely made by them or serviced by them and tell all my friends to do the same......morons !

Lets concentrate on a good moment and good news - NEW BABY ! Congrats !

SPAZZ
07/16/2006, 08:49 PM
ok, I guess Micron is all f'd up. They told me my position would be waiting upon me returning to work after missing those 3 days. They let me return Thursday and Friday then I got a call after 9PM at night and they said do not return to work, ever.

WTF????? I guess that lawsuit over them charging too much for DRAM shows that they have absolutely NO integrety and will lie about anything to make a buck.

Anita
07/16/2006, 10:27 PM
James,

I would look into your states' enforcement of the Feds' Family and Medical Leave Act. There are certain requirements to be covered under the law:

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/statutes/whd/fmla.htm

Hope baby and mom are doing well.

Ruflyf
07/17/2006, 06:20 AM
I do agree with Anita, Spazz it seems to be pretty open and shut. Its the very reason the law was created would be too bad if they get away with breaking it, more importantly you deserve better!

VehiX
07/17/2006, 09:16 AM
Congrats and best wishes to you and your family :)

AnalogVX
07/17/2006, 02:04 PM
Congratulations James on your new baby. I hope everyone is doing well. And, yes, check out the FMLA. Family Medical Leave is a law.

Best Wishes Bud!

Mr. I-MAN
07/18/2006, 10:23 AM
Congrats on the new baby!! :)
and I'm taking a bat to my Micron laptop a we speak ! :mad:

SPAZZ
07/18/2006, 03:40 PM
This is what I have heard from many people about Micron.

Micron has a Temp Agency embeded in them called Kelly services. Micron does not hire operators directly, they say you must be hired by Kelly services and you get NO benefits whatsoever and you must work for them for at least 60 days to 1 year before Micron can consider you for conversion for an employee from a Temp from Kelly services.

But, at 10 weeks you qualify for unemployment so that would just not do.

So, Micron hires ALOT of temps from Kelly services in a big circle all the time and fires them before unemployment can be elegible or before before they can become converted to a Micron employee and can get benefits. So, by doing this it is much more profitible for MIcron.

Just like them charging ALOT for DRAM, way more than necessary and getting sued for it and lying to get out of court and getting caught and getting sued for that. BAsically they lie and are not a reputable company.
They SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!! !

I didn't need for them to mess with my little MAx's bottle. He will remember. One of these days he will get his revenge.