PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recommend a Philadelphia, Pa. Mechanic?

Wayne
06/27/2006, 12:25 PM
Hello All...

Thought I'd try a Hail Mary here, and ask for any input you folks could give. Isuzu Dealers (ugh) are few and far between these days, and I have my 90,000 miles service fast approaching. Can anyone recommend a reliable mechanic in the Philly region?

thanks for any advice,

Wayne

etlsport
06/27/2006, 12:56 PM
theres a place at 1000 ridge ave (in philly) called blatt tire that i just had a great experience with..

..i blew a tire the day before my vacation, and of course nobody could get the stock tires in any sooner than a week, so i was pretty much SOL, i called ricky blatt and told him my situation, left him my number, he called back 15 minutes later and told he he'd found a set and he would go pick them up and bring them back to his shop, so i should meet him at his shop in an hour.. 30 minutes after i got to his shop, i had my keys in my hand and was on my way with fresh tires complete with a lifetime road hazard warranty... ive only been to the one in philadelphia on ridge ave, but apparently there are a few location

http://www.blatttire.com
(215) 922-5525 (thats the number for the location i went to)

if you end up at another location/ or completely different shop, let me know how it goes, im comin up on 45k and want to get everything checked closely since i didnt have it at 30k

Wayne
06/29/2006, 05:33 PM
If nothing else....it's good to know a place that'll get me these tires with little hassle....I'll let you know if I find a mechanic (et al) for service!

Spike
06/30/2006, 06:53 AM
What part of Philly?

I am in DelCo

Wayne
06/30/2006, 09:17 AM
but I'd certainly go to Delco (or any other surrounding county) for good service!

HotFlyer
07/01/2006, 04:33 PM
Wayne,

I have been using this station for over 10 years. They do all my VX service. Not the cheapest but very reliable.

Flourtown Service Center
742 Bethlemhem Pike
Flourtown, PA 19031
215-233-1020

Ask for Dave
Tell him Howard sent you.

Howard (0761)

Spike
07/01/2006, 06:18 PM
After practically having my aftermarket warranty ignored by Murphy in West Chester ...

I started going to a friend of mine's shop in Broomall PA.

Mike's is on Rt 3 (next door to K&G Speed Shop, about a half mile west of 476)

Bob is my friend.. I ONLY talk to him when making appointments ... Mike, the owner, is a complete idiot.

Bob knows more about cars than I could ever want to.
Use Pat as a reference.

Wayne
07/03/2006, 07:09 AM
I really appreciate the input...I'll let you know which way I go, and if I find any new options for us in this area....