PDA

View Full Version : Suzy Gets High

Ldub
06/25/2006, 06:31 AM
WIP alert, got the OME 912's & Terra Grapplers installed...this week will do h/d tierod ends, bj flip, bearing repack & alignment.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/DSC00037_.JPG

Bimati
06/25/2006, 06:59 AM
I did the BJ flip once...Don't think I ever recovered......

Looks great! I hope to have the 912-285/75/16 combo shortly.

Gotta get ready for Moab '07.

Bimati

WormGod
06/27/2006, 08:09 AM
Looks good Ldub. Said you "got it installed".... meaning, someone did this for you? I want to get it done as well but the damned thing wouldnt fit in my garage then, heh.

How is the handling now and what size rubber meats are you running on?

etlsport
06/27/2006, 08:20 AM
now thats how a VX should look!(except maybe on top of a mountain?) how did you do the black behind/above the rear windows? just repainted?

Moncha
06/27/2006, 09:17 AM
I think more like shadow from the rack overhead..

etlsport
06/27/2006, 09:30 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/4.JPG
theres the pic that caught my eye, just waited til now to ask... pretty sure its not a shadow..

Moncha
06/27/2006, 10:23 AM
Oooops my bad, From the above photo, it looked like a shadow... Very interesting.

tomdietrying
06/27/2006, 10:44 AM
Suzy looks pretty sweet!
Did you have that front skid plate on in Moab?

Peace.
Tom

Ldub
06/27/2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks gang...I appreciate the feedback.

WormGod,
Only two people have touched Suzy with a wrench since I've owned her...
An Isuzu tech, to replace the FPR under warranty & the body shop dude after my wreck 12-04. Not bragging or coppin' a tude here, just furnishing info. requested. ;)
Maybe a larger garage addition in your future?
And yes, she feels a bit sluggish & top heavy, but after the bottom crunching hits sustained in Moab, a worthwhile trade imo.

etlsport,
Repainted, right you are. Cleaned it up real good with some adhesive & wax remover then scuffed the paint with a fine (320) sanding pad, then cleaned again, masked it off & shot it with a semi gloss rattle can.
I always thought the rear section looked too big/bulky & I also like the lines of the Amigo.

Bimati,
I think there's a twelve step program for that :p

Also, if my Indy 4x HD tie rod ends ever get here, I'm going to install them, re-pack the front bearings, do the ball joint flip & get her re-aligned...I'm hoping that'll be my project this weekend. It hasn't been that long since I ordered them, I'm just impatient.
Looking at both pics, I'm a little amazed at how different she looks. Last summer I thought the dubs looked huge...now, not so much.
Anyone wanna buy some slightly used Hankook Ventus street skins? (265/50x20")
I'm saving the 20" wheels, I think they'd look bad ash w/ some 33/12.50x20" Nitto Mud Grap's on em. :cool:

etlsport
06/27/2006, 12:19 PM
thanks for the info... i am definately a big fan of the way it looks how you have it painted.. might be somethin ill try after i learn to paint on my windshield wipers.... with your approval of course, dont wanna just take your idea.. i know i love having things completely unique to my VX

Ldub
06/27/2006, 05:50 PM
thanks for the info... i am definately a big fan of the way it looks how you have it painted.. might be somethin ill try after i learn to paint on my windshield wipers.... with your approval of course, dont wanna just take your idea.. i know i love having things completely unique to my VX

You have my blessing, my son... :laughing:

In all seriousness, I'd take it as a compliment that someone actually liked one of my ideas.
Also, you live far enough east that our paths probably won't cross THAT often. ;)

WormGod
06/28/2006, 07:21 AM
I was about to say, I thought you did all your own work, hahaha. Kudos, dont ever give in.... like I did. I guess I figure that with this nice, cushy deskjob making a good living, I can pay someone with calloused, greasy, cut up hands to do all the work, so I dont dirty up my mouse and keyboard fingers anymore. Oh how I miss the orgasmic smell of a greasy engine and a freshly squeegied spray booth. *sigh*

Enlarged garage.... ha! I am sure my HOA would love that. ;)

Sluggish you say? I thought you had a S/C. Should help out a bit at least. Maybe I am mistaken and you simply "need" one now. ;)

Nice job man. Totally digging the ride.

Ldub
06/28/2006, 10:01 AM
Sluggish you say? I thought you had a S/C. Should help out a bit at least. Maybe I am mistaken and you simply "need" one now. ;)

I should have clarified that statement with "by comparison" ...the S/C still pulls long & strong, just not AS strong. :cool:

Maybe in the next yr. or two, I'll explore locker(s) & a gearing change.
I already have on board air available via a 50 cf scuba tank.
But there is all sorts of stuff I "need" before that. :p

Kenny
06/28/2006, 05:32 PM
Rock On Larry!!!

Ldub
07/15/2006, 10:11 AM
Well, due to tie rod ends being in short supply, (apperently more than a few orders came in since Moab) it's taken me till today to do the install & B J flip.
Here's a pic so you can see the difference between old (spagetti) & new (BEEFY !)
Everything went along way easy thanks to Triathlete's instructional write up.
I found the ultimate tool for getting the nut off the ball joint to be my 22mm stubby (of EGR nut fame) & a BFH.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC00266.JPG

I'm inside where it's cool taking a break (getting close to 100 deg. out there)
from this insane heat...I have NO idea how you Zonies, Floridanauts & others in warmer climates can handle it.
I'm a big fan of global warming in the winter time when it's zero instead of -30... but this is nuts.

Triathlete
07/15/2006, 10:40 AM
Climatization is your friend! I'm at home in the heat (105+) just like I am freezing if its below 55. 30+ years in the desert will do that to you.

grnxr
07/15/2006, 10:44 AM
WHERE DID YOU GET THE ROOF RACKS!!!!! :eek: