PDA

View Full Version : Dome Light WTF????

nfpgasmask
06/24/2006, 09:08 PM
OK, so I bought my VX about 2 months ago. The dome light was dead when I bought it, so I replaced the bulb. Everything was fine until today. The dome light is dead again.

What is the deal here? A short somewhere? Anyone else have/solve this problem?

Thanks - Bart

rowhard
06/25/2006, 08:35 AM
I was having the same problem with mine when I first got it. Turned out that all I has to do was pinch the 2 tabs together alittle and make sure the bulb was in secure and straight

nfpgasmask
06/25/2006, 09:25 AM
Hmm, I'll check that...

Thanks - Bart

I was having the same problem with mine when I first got it. Turned out that all I has to do was pinch the 2 tabs together alittle and make sure the bulb was in secure and straight

nfpgasmask
06/25/2006, 01:38 PM
So I opened up the dome and wiggled the bulb. No worky. I replaced the bulb again and now it works again. But seriously, even a crappy cheap bulb should last long than 2 months. Something must be shorting it out...

Bart

rowhard
06/25/2006, 02:00 PM
Not if it was manufactured in Dumb F@#$ where ever. Espically if it's man made, excuse me, human made.

nfpgasmask
06/25/2006, 02:15 PM
True, I mean, I suppose it just could be a crappy bulb. I'll know soon enough cause the bulb I just put in was identical. The bulbs came in a two pack, so I had an extra one on hand. We'll see if it burns out in the next 5 weeks.

Bart

Not if it was manufactured in Dumb F@#$ where ever. Espically if it's man made, excuse me, human made.

etlsport
06/25/2006, 06:04 PM
ive had similar problems.. i use an LED bulb in my dome light and it randomly doesnt work, ususally i just grab onto the bulb and pull down or push up and it turns on.. what i figured out is that the metal peices on the ends of the bulb have been coming lose, so i just take the bulb out and twist it or push it hard back in and that usually fixes the problem for a few weeks