PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Remote Programming

RobVX
04/20/2003, 07:55 PM
Hey Guys:
When I got my VX, the dealer only had one remote and key to my car. They have since sent me another remote and key. The key works. The remote has power (i.e. red light comes on when you push the button) but nothing happens.
I figure the remote needs to be programmed with the right code???? Anyone know anything about this? Am I gonna have to have the dealer do this $$$$$? Thanks for the help. Rob A.

Moncha
04/20/2003, 08:46 PM
Here's some notes (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?postid=2287#post2287) from Tone, try that.

Tone
04/21/2003, 08:27 AM
Be sure that while you press the reset on the brain, that you also then press the lock/unlock button the remote at the same time. You can also program the Option button to lock/unock by holding it down while you have the brain reset button depressed so both buttons will do the same thing.

RobVX
04/21/2003, 12:47 PM
Tone and Scott:

Thanks for the info...I'll try it in the next couple of days.
This shouldn't mess up (reprogram) the one remote I have that is working, right???? Rob A.

Moncha
04/21/2003, 12:49 PM
No, it shouldn't but.... ya know, Murphy's Law!

Francesco Rizzo
06/02/2004, 09:37 PM
I did as was instructed and the remote keyless entry for my truck that I just bought off of ebay still does not work. I suspect that I did not ever get a remote due to the fact that the car itself was the problem and the dealership was trying to cover that. Anway, I was wondering if there are any indications why programing the remote, like the lil red light on the dash. Should I have the key in the ignition and car on maybe? Thanks