PDA

View Full Version : Questions from newbie

GRIFTERNYC
06/19/2006, 07:02 AM
Hi Everyone, just got 1999 VX (54k) and it was from a dealer in PA.
I'm doing all the basic 101 stuff, that you would do to any vehicle, tune-up, oil change (synthetic) rotate tires, flush fill coolant system, new rear brakes are also needed.

Any recommendations as to any else you would do?

I'm sure the dealers didn't do a thing. I did a carfax on the car it had one owner, but was sold from dealer to dealer and auction to auction so I'm pretty sure no one did a thing to maintain the vehicle at all. The original owner had it for 3 years and traded it in, so it has been an orphan until now

Here are some questions maybe you can help me with..thanks in advance.
1- TOD? is this supposed to light up at anytime?
2- There is a red light (not on) right on top of the cruise control button, what is that for?

As you can tell I don't have an owners manual......thanks

Maugan_VX
06/19/2006, 07:45 AM
The TOD display should show all green for the rear tires and then above 5 mph should have one bar indicated for the fronts. As the rears lose traction, TOD will send more torque to the front tires and will show you on the indicator.

The little red light is your car alarm. It'll flash intermittently when the system is on.

GRIFTERNYC
06/19/2006, 10:24 PM
Okay well that's not good for me
No lightss at all, anytime and I guess I don't have alarm since I only got one key with car.

Thanks

johnnyapollo
06/20/2006, 02:54 AM
Check your fuses first for TOD (simplest thing to do) - also if your alarm module is still in the truck, it's not too hard to set an alarm remote to it (if you can find one). The alarm light is off all the time?

-- John