PDA

View Full Version : HI EVERYONE new owner

GRIFTERNYC
06/18/2006, 05:50 AM
HI guys and girls! Just got a 1999 VX in Astral silver with the red and black interior. I picked it up yesterday drove 400+ mile sand loved every inch of the ride home. I didn't even know that the leg part of the seat extended until I gassed up. It made the ride alot more comfortable. Just some easy questions for all of you dedicated VX owners. 1st, I heard that you should not used armorall on the outside black panels that this causes whitening. 2nd is there a kit to change the lenses for the rear and front of car? Thanks everyone . PS this is a GREAT site!

geshaw30
06/18/2006, 07:13 AM
"search" function will answer any question you can possibly think up
________
Old Man Tubes (http://www.****tube.com/categories/29/old-man/videos/1)

Ruflyf
06/18/2006, 01:25 PM
Welcome, I do believe there are HID conversion kits and several have changed to LEDs. I dont know about the armor all on the exterior, but there is lots of advice on cladding protection.

etlsport
06/21/2006, 05:35 PM
i used armoral on my cladding when i first got the vx... cleaned it up OK but nothin spectacular, it wore off really quickly too... id recommend 'black again' as ive stated in a few other threads.. of everything ive tried ive like the results best

Ldub
06/21/2006, 06:38 PM
Try Turtle Wax Ice...not only to wax the paint, also on the cladding. It lasts longer than any of the "back to black" type treatments and is way easy to apply. Almost $15.- a bottle seems like a lot, but a little goes a looong way.
Also, the silky, just waxed feeling on your paint lasts longer than any product I've used.