PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Mystery Oil

tomdietrying
04/20/2003, 09:20 AM
Does anyone have an Opinion on Marvel Mystery Oil? When I bought my VX from a gentleman down in Houston, he made a suggestion that I used this in my gas tank. I personally have never heard of it. I did find it at Pep Boys for about $12.00 a gallon. He said he uses 4 oz. for every tank full. The directions on the bottle suggest 4 oz. for every 10 gallons of gas or 8 oz. All opions would be welcomed. Thanks

Reg Hinnant
04/20/2003, 07:08 PM
Its good for a lot of things. I have had friends use it for an assortment of reasons. (put it in the oil, put it in the gas, used as afterrun lub in model engines)
Years ago we had a fire in a cash register/accounting machine storage room, with the roof falling in on them when soaked by the firemen. After not doing anything to some machines, we hosed down the rest with MMO. Everything that was hosed down with MMO did NOT develope any corrosion even though they were left for months before disassembly.
I suspect that putting it in the gas tank is the equiv of the carb cleaners.

Dallas4u
04/21/2003, 07:18 PM
I used the stuff in my magical toulene mixture... to condition the seals. I've heard a lot of good things about it!