PDA

View Full Version : Florida/South Florida People...

shoota77
06/09/2006, 06:40 AM
I've been down here for a couple weeks now and my bum is getting a little tired of being roasted everytime it gets into the car. I guess it gets kind of hot down here in the sun, who would've thought...anyway, I'd like to get my windows tinted to keep some of that sun out/hopefully cool the interior a little bit. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to go down here? Any quality Florida chain stores or anything? I live in Hallandale Beach but work at Dolphin Stadium (Pro Player/Dolphins). I don't mind driving to make sure I get a good job done.

Also, both my windows are less than operational without help from my hands, so if I go ahead and get them tinted will that cause any problems (assuming I don't use/touch them for a couple days after the work is done)? Thanks in advance, hope to see some of you around.

9tinyfingaz
06/09/2006, 06:51 AM
Ive had a couple cars tinted at senor stereo in Pembroke Pines. Pines BLVD and Douglas RD. Good bunch of guys over there and quality tints

transio
06/09/2006, 08:55 AM
I used a place called Cartronics off 826 (east) / 167th street, around NE 2nd ave. They do a pretty decent job.

You should look into doing a window adjustment to allow your windows to go up/down more easily. I did mine a couple years ago, but I have to readjust my driver's side again.

9tinyfingaz
06/09/2006, 10:04 AM
You should look into doing a window adjustment to allow your windows to go up/down more easily. I did mine a couple years ago, but I have to readjust my driver's side again.

The window adjustment is the "Window Fix's" on other threads right?
Is it difficult to do, especially for a car novice.

nfpgasmask
06/09/2006, 11:27 AM
I will ask my brother. He used to do tinting and he lives in Boca Raton. He might know a good spot.

Man, I'm SOOOO happy I don't live in Florida any more. I'm enjoying some nice weather in the mid 60s right now. :) You sun worshipers can keep all that non-stop, blinding sunshine and blistering heat and swampy humidity!

Bart

The window adjustment is the "Window Fix's" on other threads right?
Is it difficult to do, especially for a car novice.

Joe_Black
06/09/2006, 11:52 AM
Ask around some more established shops and see if they'll max the tint for you with the darkest fully-metalized tint. Most will do this on a cash basis and you typically won't get in any kind of trouble unless you run into some new yankee cop working your precinct. That kind of tint is a necessity and that's what us locals get. ;)

shoota77
06/09/2006, 02:33 PM
i figured i go for the max tint...i have alaska plates on the vx so i could always claim ignorance and hope they won't check alaskan laws. thanks for the input!