PDA

View Full Version : electrical question.....

dynofan
06/07/2006, 02:12 PM
I have a question for the electrical gurus out there. I just picked up an easy-to-install alarm I'd been looking for; (has voice response), and eventually I want to install the start-up modification. How do I put it all on one key fob????

thedutchguy
06/07/2006, 02:28 PM
you're a bit short on the essential info !
Like: what fob? what alarm? how much do you know about the system on the VX?
Without this I for example are unable to help you out!

dynofan
06/07/2006, 08:18 PM
Ok, I'll try again.... The alarm is Bulldog #2030 talking model; not fancy. It works strickly on impact and will either chirp or talk. It has a four button remote. I have the standard VX remote that unlocks the door. In the future I would like to install a remote starter. Can all these features be incorporated into one remote, or must I fumble with all 3???

thedutchguy
06/08/2006, 03:33 AM
it is possible to trigger your own alarm throgh the vx unit, but this will mean for you to open the unit and solder some new connections onto the print.
This is not the sort of work I would encourage someone to do with no experience in this field.
I think the best option is to remove the original alarm unit and let your buldog unit trigger the doors etc.through the wiring of the vx unit.
Here is a wiring diagram of this alarm :
http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/VehicrossAlarmDiag.jpg

dynofan
06/08/2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks Dutch for the diagram. I did a little more research and I can get the external starter and my talking alarm on the same Bulldog remote. I can't wait to get started!!!