PDA

View Full Version : tod

SPAZZ
04/19/2003, 07:30 PM
I had a flat tire yesterday, so I slap on the trusty spare. When I started driving it had a wierd feeling to it and the TOD sensors for the front wheels would max out at a constant pulse rate. I stopped, check the spare to make sure that it was on straight and not crooked. I also checked to make sure it was flush and secure evenly with lug nuts. Everything checked out and I limped across base to the auto port and dropped off my flat. I went to a friends on base, as I was worried to travel any where at all. We took off the spare and put it on and repeated this process with test drives in between. To no avail, the spare tire would cause these effects each time.

Any one ever had this problem before?

Moncha
04/19/2003, 07:45 PM
Which tire was flat? You always want to run the spare on front wheels only, never on the rear. Even if it means to switch a good tire to the rear and then put the donut on the front..

nocturnalVX
04/19/2003, 08:07 PM
I have not had to use my spare yet, but I remember there were posts on Club Vmag regarding odd noises and TOD behavior when using the donut (even more so if you accidently put it on a rear wheel).

-x-
04/19/2003, 11:13 PM
Id say stay off it as much you can i had tha same thing happend to me and i guess i rode it too long cause ever since then ive had whinning or crunching or noises basically that werent there before (from txr case ?/? under the car) . Its been a long time and nothings fallen off :rolleyes: i went to ny and back and im still speedin around its just annoying as hell so dont know if this is pertanent lol but if poss i advise to not drive round much if ya tod is acting up....x

SPAZZ
04/20/2003, 02:47 AM
Yes, Scott

It was a rear wheel, I guess next time I will switch aroo so the spare will be only on the front. I only had to drive a mile, though I hope that it didn't hurt anything