PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Chicago? Need a little help...

VXD959
06/02/2006, 12:30 PM
I need a little help from Chicago area Vxers... There is a VX for sale that I would tremendously appreciate if someone could check it out (exterior, interior condition). The owner says he is 10 minutes west from the airport. Could someone help me with this?

Please send me a private message if you could. I will really, really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Daniel

VXD959
06/03/2006, 07:19 AM
Please?

nfpgasmask
06/03/2006, 08:24 AM
Hey Dan, is this the Silver 99 at Carmart USA in Villa Park?

Bart

VXD959
06/03/2006, 10:12 AM
No, it's a private seller in Bensenville. I don't know about Chicago...It's that a long way for you? He says is near O'Hare airport.

Thanks,
Daniel

nfpgasmask
06/03/2006, 10:29 AM
Well, yeah, sort of. I don't usually go out that way due to the heavy amount of traffic in that area. Its kind of a pain in the butt area. However, I *might* be going to a store in Arlington Heights tomorrow afternoon, which is basically nearby. Can you get me his address? I can see how far it is. If it isn't to terribly far, I would consider stopping over there. Or, better yet, if he is a nice guy, he could meet me at the store and I could check it out there. I think the place where I *might* be going tommorrow is nearby. But no promises. I don't really know what my schedule is going to be like tomorrow. This must be a nice VX if you are looking all the way from Texas!

:)
Bart

No, it's a private seller in Bensenville. I don't know about Chicago...It's that a long way for you? He says is near O'Hare airport.

Thanks,
Daniel

etlsport
06/03/2006, 10:31 AM
bensenville?? at least half my extended family is from there.. and according to them the know the whole town.. do you have a name? i could see if anyone up there knows the seller

VXD959
06/03/2006, 06:11 PM
nfpgasmask,

Sent you a private mail with the information. Please let me know.

Thanks a lot for this!!!

nocturnalVX
06/04/2006, 11:23 AM
If you still need the help, I'll be able to check this VX out for you on Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know.

VXD959
06/04/2006, 11:57 AM
Thank you NocturnalVX. Npfgasmask said that he might be able to meet the seller today (he was not sure, but he will let me know this evening). If he is unable to meet with the seller today, I will for sure need your help.

Thanks!!!!

PS: VX owners are the greatest !

nfpgasmask
06/04/2006, 07:59 PM
Hey, I called Cesar and we couldn't make it work out today. He was busy during the time when I was out there...so sorry.

I will call tomorrow and see if he can meet me on my lunch break. I will let you know tomorrow if I get out there...sorry I couldn't make it happen today.

Bart

nocturnalVX
06/04/2006, 09:48 PM
I'm sending you a PM with my #... call me if you are heading out to Bensenville. I'll join up!

VXD959
06/05/2006, 08:25 AM
Ok. Please let me know. I will contact the owner directly if you want me to.
He seems to be busy most of the time I called (almost like he does not really want to sell the vehicle...but that's Ok... we VX owners know the feeling...). I asked him for pics, and he said he had no time for that!?

My wife will be in Chicago next week. That's why I will appreciate any information you can get this week. I just want to make sure the seller is not BSing me

Thank you both for your efforts.

nfpgasmask
06/05/2006, 08:54 AM
Yeah, when I talked to him, he seemed a little "bothered" by my request. I told him I was going to be around there around 5-6 o'clock and he told me he was busy.....so go figure. I will call him again in a few minutes.

Bart

nfpgasmask
06/05/2006, 10:03 AM
OK, so I called this dude Cesar a couple times this morning...no luck, straight to voice-mail everytime. His voice-mail greeting simply says, "leave the message".

I think this sums up his personality so far! LOL :)

Bart

VXD959
06/05/2006, 06:38 PM
Bart / Nocturnal VX,

Talked to Cesar this evening. He said he will call you (Bart) tonight. He said he has been very busy at work, and that the best time for him to show the vehicle is late in the evenings. He will try to leave work early tomorrow though. He mentioned that he works at or near downtown.

Sorry for all the trouble. I agree with you about his "personality"...eventhough he was a little nicer today.

I just hope it is all worth it.

Thanks,

nocturnalVX
06/06/2006, 12:27 AM
I hope this does work out for you, and that the VehiCROSS finds a good home (in time for the Houston meet)!
:dance:

nfpgasmask
06/06/2006, 08:11 AM
Hey, well, for me, my schedule is pretty hosed this week. I'm gonna be outta town for a few days starting tomorrow. The only time I would have to see this VX is during my lunch break at work (I could take lunch between 12-3pm). So I don't know if Cesar is going to be around at home during that time. And like I said, tomorrow afternoon I will be leaving outta town for a couple days.

Not sure how much more I can help....sorry.

0____o

Bart

VXD959
06/06/2006, 08:58 AM
Bart,
Did he call you last night?

NocturnalVx,
Would you be able to meet this guy sometime this week?

Thank you...

VXD959
06/06/2006, 09:17 AM
Talked to Cesar a few minutes ago. He will be able to show the vehicle today at 8:00 p.m. at his place. Any chance?

NocturnalVX: I will pm the address.

nfpgasmask
06/06/2006, 09:23 AM
Hey, Nocturnal is your only hope for 8pm. Like I said, my time frame will have to be around lunch if its during the week...

Sorry man,

Bart

VXD959
06/06/2006, 11:06 AM
NocturnalVX,

Sent you a PM. Any chance?

Thanks,

VXD959
06/07/2006, 06:55 PM
Gill,

Any luck?

nocturnalVX
06/07/2006, 11:33 PM
I'm going to be checking out this VehiCROSS tonight between 6 & 7, and I'll give you my honest opinion of it. Of course, I'll spend an hour or two cleaning up mine to show off a bit. Mbwahahahaha!!! :evil:

nocturnalVX
06/08/2006, 11:47 PM
Checked out the VX, and (other than faded cladding & a "rebuilt" title ?!?) it was in good shape. The leather seats were worn, but no tears. All lights, windows (shocking!!!), and door locks work. Runs strong & rides nice. TOD, 4 LOW, winter mode, and power mode checked out too. Has the roof rack, an aftermarket Pioneer stereo, and an aftermarket alarm & remote starter.

Let me know what you decide. I might snag it as a spare... (I wish!). :evil:

VXD959
06/09/2006, 06:10 AM
Gill,

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate this! I'm concerned about the rebuilt title. I
will see if someone here can run a carfax on it.

Thanks again! I sent you a PM!

nfpgasmask
06/09/2006, 07:39 AM
Hey, glad you checked this out Gill! I was feeling bad about not getting it checked out myself. But, that being said, you have had your VX much longer than I, so you were probably more qualified to inspect it than me anyway!

Bart

VXD959
06/09/2006, 03:28 PM
After thinking about it, I decided not to get this VX because of the rebuilt title. I think is a very good deal for $7,500 if someone wants a VX for serious off-roading!

I got two quotes for delivery to Texas...over $1,000 each. By the time a get new shoes and do some other upgrades to the VX I might be $3,000 out-of-pocket...and I think I can do better by getting a 00 or 01 VX with similar miles, and perhaps not a rebuilt title.

So it is up for grabs. The owner wants $7,500 for a 1999 ebony VX with 75K miles on it. His name is Cesar and you can call him at 847-630-8218.

Good luck!

nfpgasmask
06/09/2006, 03:41 PM
I think I will call him and ask him to sell me his roof rack for $300

:) Bart

After thinking about it, I decided not to get this VX because of the rebuilt title. I think is a very good deal for $7,500 if someone wants a VX for serious off-roading!

I got two quotes for delivery to Texas...over $1,000 each. By the time a get new shoes and do some other upgrades to the VX I might be $3,000 out-of-pocket...and I think I can do better by getting a 00 or 01 VX with similar miles, and perhaps not a rebuilt title.

So it is up for grabs. The owner wants $7,500 for a 1999 ebony VX with 75K miles on it. His name is Cesar and you can call him at 847-630-8218.

Good luck!