PDA

View Full Version : locking hubs

4x4boy
05/30/2006, 05:07 PM
i want to buy these aisin hubs but need to know if they will fit and work and how do you turn off the tod or do you have to to unlock the hub (if the aisin hubs will work that is) i would really like to know something tonight so ican buy tommarow thank you so much

mbeach
05/30/2006, 06:03 PM
You do have to turn off the TOD in order to actually "disconnect" the wheels from the drivetrain -if not, the front speed sensor will constantly sense a speed differential front to rear and it will try to send all of your power up front.

It's techy -I'm putting together a thread about a related subject.

MZ-N10
05/30/2006, 06:03 PM
someone on here is selling some locking hubs...do a search.

SPAZZ
05/30/2006, 06:48 PM
if you have a Corporate 10 bolt axle and/or with a 17 spline outer and a 6 bolt allen head pattern on the hubs...such as a vehicross has...most Troopers 1990 and recent to 1996(I believe)...some Rodeos...Amigos...Pups.

then it will work.

I had two pairs and sold them. I may go back to a junkyard in a few days. If I come back with a set I will list them for sale. I know I can get a set of the Superwinch hubs... if you wanted those??? That's a 80 mile round trip for me at that bone yard.

nater
05/31/2006, 02:13 PM
Spazz, I'm looking for a set of Aisins for my 2000 Trooper with TOD. Are they the same as what you are pulling from the yard?

I'll commit to buying a set it you find another pair. I'll pay you for a rebuild if you are up for it as well.

Nate

crossman
06/01/2006, 06:29 PM
i want to buy these aisin hubs but need to know if they will fit and work and how do you turn off the tod or do you have to to unlock the hub (if the aisin hubs will work that is) i would really like to know something tonight so ican buy tommarow thank you so much

I installed a set of Asians on my vx and they work great! I got them from Mr. Beefy

mbeach
06/01/2006, 07:19 PM
I installed a set of Asians on my vx and they work great! I got them from Mr. Beefy

There are so many things wrong with this sentence... :_thinking

SPAZZ
06/01/2006, 07:47 PM
I am Mr Beefy..and on here SPAZZ

and..um Nater.. I thought you were paypalling me for those hubs... :confused: