PDA

View Full Version : UK support network?

jammy-d0dger
05/20/2006, 03:57 PM
Guys,

I've been dipping into these forums for a few days now, ever since stumbling across a VehiCROSS at a local dealers. It's a JAP 3.2 import and seems to be in good condition. I took it out for a test drive today. The dealer was cool enough to let me take as long as I wanted so I was out for 2 hours or so... fell in love with it, what an awesome machine. I feel I want to buy it but am very nervous as the local ISUZU dealer told me that I would not get any support for the car in the UK. I'm therefore asking all you guys and gals in the hope that there's a UK contigent on this site that knows a little about the realities of owning a VX in the UK. Is it a complete nightmare for parts etc. or is it just a case of knowing the right phone numbers and websites?

Also, I see the mpg rating in this site's FAQ is between 15-18 yet in a 4x4 guide I got recently it talks about it being 28.2 average? Is this really the difference between the 3.5 and the 3.2 engines? Does anyone know what to expect from a 3.2?

Any advice to stop me going for another Pajero and playing it safe, would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jay

BritVX
05/20/2006, 04:24 PM
Hi Jay,

Don't worry too much about support for mechanical parts because a lot of the bits are straight forward Trooper. This website is good for all other bits although there are a few differences between the Jap and US models. As for the fuel economy remember on this site the guys are talking US gallons which are smaller but you'll never get 28mpg no matter how you drive, the best I've managed is 23 on a run in sports mode, (for some reason it's better in sports)but around town you'll get 18 to 20.
before you buy you might want to consider mine as I'm about to put it back up for sale, currently I'm in the states and a friend is looking after it in the UK. I'm asking £10,000 ono it's done 70K has been raised with a kit from this website has new BFG AT and alloys plus a set of new BFG MT on alloys it is very tidy with a couple of small scratches. Check out the pictures on this website and mail me back if you're interested. If not but you want further info on UK model again just reply to this. Which ever you buy it's a great vehicle and I'd recommend it if you want something diferent, mine has been very reliable and used daily.

rgds Col

Paul UK
05/21/2006, 11:37 PM
Hi,

I've had mine since September so I'm short on experience of the support network. I can say that my local Isuzu dealer has been reluctant to start with as they'd never really seen a VX before - but then they mainly work on lorries! I've had to pay out for an expensive heater fan to be imported but now they've worked on it and driven it they seem quite enthusiastic. I believe what I see about the parts from the trooper (or bighorn) being interchangeable but your dealer might need to be convinced like mine. If you haven't taken it out in the rain, I'd recommend it as mine is a little 'lively' on slippy tarmac in rear wheel drive but other than that it's definately fun to drive, quite practical and of course it sticks out like a sore thumb. Fuel ecomony is poor on urban trips but it cruises the motorway well enough for an auto 3.2!

Paul