PDA

View Full Version : 14 VX's in Moab

Bimati
05/17/2006, 04:35 AM
There were 14 vx's in Moab for the VX only run! (The only casualty was Tone's tire). We ran a 3-4 rated trail, and although several of us left bacon strips in our undies :eek: , everyone made it through alright. It was a great time, and the people were all cool.

Many, many pics to be posted after ZuZoo is over this week...wouldn't trade that experience for anything!

Todd Adams
05/17/2006, 07:29 AM
http://photo-origin.tickle.com/image/104/3/9/RL/104396234RL682393752.jpg
Gemini Bridges

Cyrk
05/17/2006, 07:34 AM
Sounds great! Can't wait to see the pics... Tone the Benz broke down?

Tone
05/17/2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks for allowing me to come along - I got some great shots of the VXes and even a short movie that I will post when I get back. I was somewhat surprised by the ML's ability offroad but having read about the 4WD system, I was extremely optimistic.

Todd took us on an intense trail that few if any of us would have ever attempted and every one of us made it over!
I had my strap attached assuming Linda would have to unstick me but got to leave it in the truck.

Had a tire overnited and was back at a 100%. I still can't believe how Todd taught me how to repair the cut in the sidewall and that I was able to complete the second half of the trail without holding anyone up and taking some hard lines. Everyone should carry a tire plug kit - Walmart has them for $10.

Pics and movies to follow.

Cyrk
05/17/2006, 10:18 AM
Tone, look forward to it... What do you have done to the ML aftermarket wise?

Bimati
05/17/2006, 02:42 PM
Tone, I edited the post above to reflect your tire issue. Indeed, it was juct a tire.

For the record, that is one sweet ride you have, and to have the b*lls to take it on that trail is impressive. Never seen a Mercedes with the bumpers/cladding removed...SWEET! (nice wheels too). :)