PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil synth oil stabilizer

IndianaVX
05/15/2006, 09:03 PM
Was at auto zone to try out a new product to try on my headlight lenses, and was also looking for synthetic power steering fluid. I then saw this Lucas oil, synthetic oil stabilizer, and says that you SHOULD use it in ALL of your oils. but what caught my eye was where it said to use it in your differintials instead of LSD. I had bought the gear oil the other day, along with a generic LSD fulid, TRANS-X ,but it was all they had.
Havent changed the gearfluids yet...wasnt comfortable with my choices on lsd fluid
didnt know what you all thought about the lucas, (their name is on our new COLTS dome) or does mobil 1 have a LSD, or additive for the gear oil? or will just any ole' lsd work? (yikes)
Got the engine oil changed to mobil 1 FS, what a difference. cant wait to get the rest of the fluids changed.
thanks in advance
david

Chopper
05/16/2006, 05:30 PM
Use the Lucas Syn Stabilizer each oil change-1 full quart plus the Mobil 1. Top Cylinder Lube in the gas as well. The Trans -x you have is just fine really. Get the Lucas next time around in 15000. Wayne

steelzeus
05/19/2006, 03:54 PM
that lucas stuff is great. hey indiana did you go to a dave matthews concert last year? I saw a VX there when I went

SkidPlate
05/19/2006, 05:20 PM
dave matthews is great. I put the organic Lucas stablizer in with my usual change of Mobil1 10w/30 and I stopped burning oil, well I burn a lot less anyway.

I have 2.5k on this change and have yet to add any oil, usually I'd be through a qt. by now.

I'll be looking for the synthetic type for the next change, parts store didn't have it last time.

IndianaVX
05/19/2006, 07:39 PM
that lucas stuff is great. hey indiana did you go to a dave matthews concert last year? I saw a VX there when I went

hey zeus,
nope, it wasnt me, but i have seen, on easter, and my brother, yesterday, have seen a silver one floating around the south side of indy/greenwood area.
maybe this year.........

steelzeus
05/20/2006, 02:38 PM
im moving to franklin in a few weeks i have a dark red one what color is yours??

IndianaVX
05/20/2006, 09:05 PM
zeus,
hey franklins not that far from me....maybe 20 min. mine is a foxfire mica red....im assuming the same color as yours. we will have to get together with climbcovey when he gets to indy.......have ourselves a little vx get together!!! keep me posted on when you get around.
i put the lucas top end lube in the tank today, i stll havent had time to do the gear boxes, but have all the fluids, and the lucas synth. oil stabilizer. cant wait to feel the differance that makes.
all else is good........it actually quit raining long enough to cleanthe machine up a bit today.
take it easy
dave

IndianaVX
05/21/2006, 06:48 PM
zeus,
here is my vx

IndianaVX
05/21/2006, 06:55 PM
sorry, just realized the pic is 62 bytes or something....to big to upload...

bkvx
05/21/2006, 07:39 PM
whats the diff between 5w-30 and 10w-30? is it bad to use 5w-30?