PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning suggestions - interior

Anita
05/14/2006, 06:55 PM
I dont know if we have had much discussion about cleaning products for the interior, except maybe the leather. Is there any suggestions for cleaning/repairing scuff marks on the back of the rear seat and for the plastic parts like the spare wheel cover.

I say repair because it looks like on a new scuff on my plastic spare cover that the white color I'm seeing is not a stain but the plastic itself.

Any ideas?

etlsport
05/15/2006, 02:43 PM
when i bought my vx the cargo area was pretty torn up... the plastic pieces had a few deep scuffs, for the really bad ones i just used a brand new x-acto blade to shave off the pieces sticking up/ making it look discolored and in one case shaved a little of the area around it down a little so it didnt look as deep.. then used armoral wipes that leave a shine and its not so noticable anymore... but its also not really 'fixed' you just have to look harder to see it now

also have a few white scuffs on the rear headrests... no luck with those yet

Anita
05/16/2006, 01:46 PM
no more ideas?.... im about to use a black marks-a-lot in a minute :confused:

Ruflyf
05/16/2006, 02:08 PM
Anita, this maybe be a far off aproach, but what about using the turtlewax black wax?

Groovium
06/01/2006, 08:19 AM
Hi Anita! I, too, am pondering this matter...usual truck wear-and-tear in a sports car/moon buggy/SUV...the Armor-All Leather wipes I tried on the body-contact parts of the driver's area seem to have helped a lot, but I wiped the residue off of the plastic. Is there some uber-product for plastic/vinyl that might cover this space?