PDA

View Full Version : Serpentine belt

nfpgasmask
05/13/2006, 03:20 PM
OK, I just got back from PepBoys and they said they have NO belts for the VX whatsoever. I need a new serpentine belt and everyone on here recommended the Gator belt. Is this something I need to order? Or is this belt the same as with other Isuzu SUVs?

Anyone?

Thanks - Bart

volume311
05/13/2006, 03:27 PM
I tried AutoZone to get a gatorback which they don't carry in the store but special order but their supplier is out of stock one them too. Good price $31.
Probably just end up ordering it from summit racing.

FYI the part number for it is 4060900 for 2000+ V6's. 90 inch belt.

nfpgasmask
05/13/2006, 03:32 PM
Awesome, thanks. I will order this up!

Bart

nfpgasmask
05/13/2006, 03:35 PM
LOL I just did a search for this part number and it looks like Amazon.com sells them for $45!! When the heck did Amazon start selling auto parts too????

Bart

1CROSS
05/13/2006, 04:57 PM
I just replaced mine this past week with a gatorback from Auto Zone.They had it on stock for the same $31.00.Advance has a good Dayco belt too for $50.00.

volume311
05/13/2006, 05:04 PM
Just ordered mine from summit, w/ shipping comeout to $41

Joe_Black
05/13/2006, 06:24 PM
I just ordered 2 Gator Backs from AutoZone online, about $35 each and free shipping.

Just have to share that I usually order my Mobil-1 oil filters and the PCV valves online 'cause it's almost impossible to get anything from an actual AutoZone store. We've got several in the area, and I'm out on the road visiting my 40 locations quite a bit too. But when you stop in and find what you want the monkeys they employ just can't seem to get with the whole "retail" program. Seriously, the only thing AutoZone needs to qualify for some type of care program grant money is for there employess to start drooling. A little more.

So now I just order online. It's always free shipping and I just get 4 or 5 filters and PCV valves at a time, especially since we've got 3 Isuzus again. The Mobil-1 oil is fortunately at Wal-Mart in the 5-quart jugs and they thankfully have self-checkout so you don't to interface with someone who's work ethic includes imparting as much inconvenience to your shopping pleasure as possible.

/rant off :p

Todd Adams
05/13/2006, 09:03 PM
You guys are paying too much. Checker had Goodyear engine belt for around $20 and the timing belt for $40 both were in stock. Pep Boys never has anything and they are more on everything than anyone else. AutoZone is my second choice. The last Dayco I bought that lasted 30,000 miles I paid $15.
Todd

nfpgasmask
05/14/2006, 10:15 AM
OK cool, I'm gonna get one of these belts from AutoZone online I guess. There are a few more shops I am going to check locally though, but with free shipping AutoZone sounds good to me.

Thanks!

Bart

Joe_Black
05/14/2006, 03:36 PM
Well, yeah, the GatorBack is going to cost significantly more than an OEM replacement because it's an HD premium belt.

nfpgasmask
05/14/2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah, the price is not a biggie for me. I want to make sure I get the best belt available. I tried to order from AutoZone.com just now and they were out of stock !!!!!!! So I got the belt from another site. Cost me about $8 more though, but I really need to get this changed so I am ok with it.

Thanks everyone.

Bart

PS - I just took off the grill, turn signals, and from bumper/cladding just to re-glue the head light gaskets. Boy, that took a lot longer than my expected 15 minutes....but its done and it looks good!