PDA

View Full Version : Classic- stole someone's thunder today...

Heraclid
05/12/2006, 07:28 PM
So I'm sitting at a red light behind a nice 350Z. These four teenage guys are crossing the street and one is staring our way. Really can't help himself and approaches. Then it gets truly priceless. Guy in the 350Z has noticed the attention too. When the kid gets there, he rolls down his window, clearly anticipating dialog on how hot his car is. Kid walks right by and asks me about the VX. It was just too good! Had to share.

innercore
05/12/2006, 07:44 PM
That was a priceless moment, like the commercial.

My next door neighbor's kid, about 8, comes by on his scooter (which he has done many times before I purchased the VX), stops ever so close and asks "Is that your car?", I say yep, and he says with a big smile...."cool ...car". The kid doesn't say that much...very quiet all the time. The VX is all "high speed and low drag"!

IndianaVX
05/12/2006, 07:47 PM
that IS priceless. glad you had the experiance. I was getting gas last week, and had the vx all cleaned up......only had it for about 4 days, on the other side of the gas pump was a Rolls Royce, which i was looking at. anyway, a couple of teens in a ford ranger go driving by, and they said "that is beautiful, man..." I said thanks.....
the guy got in his rolls, and drove away........I ALMOST felt sorry for him
buah ha ha ha haaaaa
vx strikes again.....

ZEUS
05/12/2006, 07:53 PM
When I was in Moab for the EJS this year I went to see the set up that Jeep had on Main Street. I was able to park the VX right up against their boundary rope. So I started looking over the new Wrangler and some classics they had there as well as the concept Hurricane (VERY cool concept)! I looked over at my VX at one point and saw that it had attracted as many onlookers as the Hurricane did at that time! The Jeep guys must have noticed too because they fired up the Hurricane to regain some attention! Ok well that's HOW IT SEEMED!

etlsport
05/12/2006, 08:46 PM
just last sunday the advanced auto near my house was hosting a car show... all i needed was a fire extinguisher! so i get there... as soon as i pulled up one of the guys who knows me there starts waving me into a spot in the show... i kindly told him i didnt have time to leave her there... but i did pull 5-6 people away from the show to look at the VX for a couple of minutes.... oh.. and i had girl i was trying to impress with me too......... .... mission accomplished

WormGod
05/15/2006, 06:45 AM
Since I moved 8 months ago into my new neighborhood, I have yet to have a new neighbor inquire about my VX. But what they do is, they like to slow down at my driveway while driving their BMWs and Porsches and rev their emgines just a bit. Ya ya, they will eat me on tarmac, but lemme get them on some dirt, mud, or snow. And no matter what, they now have to deal with the new addition of the Scooby in the driveway. ;)

Kids love the VX though. The little guys in the neighborhood like to say "Nice Jeep mister!" Ah.... so young and naive, haha.

E-ZooZoo One
05/15/2006, 08:24 AM
So there I was - on a trip across Virginia this weekend – standing in a small town convenience store…

“That sure is a nice ride you’ve got!”
“What – that silver spaceship?”
“Yeah” (laughing) “I reeeeeeeeeealy like it… What is it?”

I think he was genuinely surprised to learn that it’s an Isuzu…
(*despite all of the markings – including my over-sized grill badge)
…but he was practically stunned when he found out that it’s a `99 model – and even more-so upon learning that a low-mileage VX can be purchased for less than $16K.

We might be seeing him here soon ;)