PDA

View Full Version : Parts Are Dissapearing !

Andrey
05/12/2006, 11:35 AM
For all ya techno gang - does VX share tranny/transfer case/front driveshaft with anything else Trooper, Amigo anything?

I've attempted to locate those items as my vehicle was damaged and results are unpleasant. Tranny large pan - overnight from Pompano Beach, FL $175, front driveshaft + misc. "Back Ordered" since January 1st at about $590, transfer case $2.463 lead time 3-5 days, tranny $3.810 remanufactured plus $700-900 core exchange 3-5 days lead time. Or just rear half housing on transfer case+mis. $590 Parts ARE dissapearing :_mecker:

PS: I've just looked at my thread and it reminded me of that movie ROBOTS... where all of them were getting old and obsolete.... how did they call them OUTMODS ??? WHAT, Isuzu wants to make VX an OUTMOD ??? I though they are supposed to make parts for 20 years or so.....

ScottinMA
05/13/2006, 03:20 AM
Andrey,

What did you do to get that damage!!??

Joe_Black
05/13/2006, 06:09 AM
Everything except the rear driveshaft should cross with the TOD Trooper, and the tranny stuff with any 4L30E Isuzu (Trooper, Rodeo, Axiom). The rear driveshaft I've heard is the same as the Trooper RS, but don't have confirmation. Considering that the Trooper RS is even more rare than the VX, then it's unlikely you'll stumble across one. Fortunately driveshaft repair or a custom unit is pretty simple and available about anywhere.

As an FYI, the Axiom's TOD is different from ours in that it has a big solenoid to disengage for 2WD operation.

SPAZZ
05/13/2006, 06:26 AM
how much would you offer for my front driveshaft??????

I have a spare Tcase laying around. 4WD works in it, but I do not believe the TOD solenoid is good in it. what that means is $120 part to fix, but do you know how to fix or are you going to pay someone to do it. Isuzu told me $1100 in labor(but then that's the dealer) just to put the $120 TOD solenoid in. yoiur Offer??????

JULIAN911
05/13/2006, 07:14 AM
You can get a refurb. front half-shaft from Autozone for $99 + core charge.

Andrey
05/13/2006, 07:41 AM
The work will be done by friends shop - first things first when pan comes in the mail Monday we need to fill tranny and patch the hole in T-case (BY THE WAY - ARE they interconnected... does tranny share ATF with T-case ?) to see if tranny is alive. I am having my fingers crossed (even on my feet) that tranny is alive that I just ripped through the pan.

When my shock goes away I might post pictures on what had happened.

Andrey
05/13/2006, 07:42 AM
You can get a refurb. front half-shaft from Autozone for $99 + core charge.

thanks for suggestion.. i'll go there and see what they can get me.

Joe_Black
05/13/2006, 12:31 PM
(BY THE WAY - ARE they interconnected... does tranny share ATF with T-case ?)
They are separate units. If you check your owners manual it will detail drain and fill maintenance info for both.

Andrey
05/13/2006, 02:47 PM
They are separate units. If you check your owners manual it will detail drain and fill maintenance info for both.

I see thanks Joe

Triathlete
05/13/2006, 03:21 PM
Two words...

SKID

PLATES!

Andrey
05/13/2006, 05:09 PM
skid plates... I regret it is too late for that..... and not sure if they will hold whatever I ran over (piece of crane which fell infront of me).... the full story to follow next week..... :(

Triathlete
05/13/2006, 06:14 PM
Hopefully the crane company is making things right in your financial department!
Don't forget the pain and suffering you are going through seeing your baby in all this pain! :bwgy:

Andrey
05/14/2006, 10:55 AM
Hopefully the crane company is making things right in your financial department!
Don't forget the pain and suffering you are going through seeing your baby in all this pain! :bwgy:

my insurance totaled VX, so I am trying to save him (yes him, he is a warrior, family member !) from a junk yard :(

IndianaVX
05/14/2006, 12:59 PM
Good Luck andrey
sorry to hear about the trouble,but what a testemony you will have WHEN you get it back together,(think positive) though, through rain, hail sleet, or drivin over crane parts,....................anyway, keep us all informed.

ps, i gotta see you cross the fingers on your feet sometime...lol
david

Triathlete
05/14/2006, 01:51 PM
Shouldn't the crane company be paying for the damage? Or is your insurer going to at least pursue the companies insurer? Or do you live in one of those no fault states?

Chopper
05/14/2006, 02:43 PM
Wow! You drive like my son... somehow always hit the unhittable. ''Swear to God dad, the plane just landed on the roof..."

Y33TREKker
05/14/2006, 05:01 PM
It seems like it's not just parts. I was in Saint Louis, MO over the weekend staying in the Chesterfield area. I happened to drive by Bommorito Isuzu on Manchester, so I decided to cruise the lot to check out Isuzu's latest offerings. Funny thing was, I couldn't even find anything on the lot with an Isuzu badge! Did they just forget to take the sign down out front?

:confused:

Andrey
05/14/2006, 06:27 PM
It seems like it's not just parts. I was in Saint Louis, MO over the weekend staying in the Chesterfield area. I happened to drive by Bommorito Isuzu on Manchester, so I decided to cruise the lot to check out Isuzu's latest offerings. Funny thing was, I couldn't even find anything on the lot with an Isuzu badge! Did they just forget to take the sign down out front?

:confused:

what was that story with Isuzu and GM... when they went separate ways Isuzu had to pull out of the market for several years before they can come back with new models ???

Andrey
05/14/2006, 06:35 PM
Wow! You drive like my son... somehow always hit the unhittable. ''Swear to God dad, the plane just landed on the roof..."

neah... I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.... Ive been driving stick, rear wheel drive, on icy Russian roards since '80s... so I know what I am doing. But sometimes the circumstances are above and beyond my control... I am sure all of us have been there too...

Andrey
05/15/2006, 03:36 PM
Well, good news kinda... new tranny filter was installed, new gasket, new pan. Hole in T case was patched and filled. Mechanic drove it and said tranny is shifting fine. Now not good - car is missaligned, breaks are acting strange and tiny noise comes from the front. I will go there tommorow and drive it myself to get the feeling.

Andrey
05/15/2006, 09:26 PM
Andrey,

What did you do to get that damage!!??

Scott, was driving behind a crane which collided with MBTA bridge. A piece of crane fell infront of me (steel plate with steel tube welded to it at 90 degree). Thats the story !

Andrey
05/16/2006, 11:25 AM
Drove it today... so far so good. Tranny is shifting very smooth, breaks good, need alignment - it does not pull just the steering wheel is a bit off.

Andrey
05/16/2006, 01:10 PM
Crossmember $133 between control arms is needed ! Anybody please ! allhundaiisuzuparts.com does not have it, dealer does not have it - no ETA available

SPAZZ
05/16/2006, 03:11 PM
I am sure other Trooper Crossmembers may work..unless VX is wider.

Best bet is if any one not wanting their Calmini 3" lift Crossmember included in the kit...as it is not needed for the lift.

Andrey
05/16/2006, 03:17 PM
Shouldn't the crane company be paying for the damage? Or is your insurer going to at least pursue the companies insurer? Or do you live in one of those no fault states?

My ins. company takes care of that but then they will be reimbursed from the crane company. In MA it is faster to go against your company vs. going after other party company... go figure....

Andrey
06/21/2006, 08:05 PM
Found crossmember at allhundaisuzuparts.... should be here tomorrow. everything is installed and operational. Here comes the problem - when 4 LO is engaged - car makes "crunching " noise from the front ??? When turning wheels in 4 LO noise is louder ! When in normal drive no noise at all. Anybody had something like that ?

Thanks

Ldub
06/21/2006, 08:16 PM
Are you on a high traction surface such as concrete or asphalt when this happens? It's normal for any vehicle in 4-lo to "crab" when when the wheels are turned & hooked up.
Try the same turn in 4-lo on a low traction surface such as gravel or dirt & see if the same thing happens, or the symtoms are reduced.
Or, CV ???

Andrey
06/22/2006, 05:20 AM
Thanks... I am on hardsurface... seems that VX never did this before the accident. I remember trying engaging 4wheel drive on dry asfalt before and it was a bit funny but no "grinding" noise :( and there is NO Isuzu dealership whom I trust in Boston area so I can go... all thay do - "We change the oil and it sure takes care of the problem !" or better "probably we need to put some more air in tires and it will cure the problem !"... or even BETTER ! "lets wash VX and it will take care of your problem GARANTEED!" oh, BTW your bill is $500 for doing all the above mentioned.....

VehiX
06/22/2006, 05:59 AM
Thanks... I am on hardsurface... seems that VX never did this before the accident. I remember trying engaging 4wheel drive on dry asfalt before and it was a bit funny but no "grinding" noise :( and there is NO Isuzu dealership whom I trust in Boston area so I can go... all thay do - "We change the oil and it sure takes care of the problem !" or better "probably we need to put some more air in tires and it will cure the problem !"... or even BETTER ! "lets wash VX and it will take care of your problem GARANTEED!" oh, BTW your bill is $500 for doing all the above mentioned.....

Andrey -

Have you tried Peter's Nissan/Isuzu in Nashua N.H 03060?

They are located on Amherst Street.

From the Boston area, you're looking at about a 45 min. or so drive.

I've had good luck with them in the past. They even covered warranty work for me that I should not have received given the milage at the time and the fact that I am the second owner :)

They won't wash your VX or put air in the tires (unless you ask them to) but the work will be done and done right the first time around!

Maugan_VX
06/22/2006, 06:09 AM
if your tcase and tranny got ripped up, I'm willing to bet your front diff might have taken some damage. I hate grinding noises :-/

Andrey
06/22/2006, 04:21 PM
Andrey -

Have you tried Peter's Nissan/Isuzu in Nashua N.H 03060?

They are located on Amherst Street.

From the Boston area, you're looking at about a 45 min. or so drive.

I've had good luck with them in the past. They even covered warranty work for me that I should not have received given the milage at the time and the fact that I am the second owner :)

They won't wash your VX or put air in the tires (unless you ask them to) but the work will be done and done right the first time around!

thanks... I've been there about one electrical problem - they are very good compared with Boston places - the only complaint that I had was they made me pay for repairs even though I had extended warranty covering it.

Andrey
06/22/2006, 04:25 PM
if your tcase and tranny got ripped up, I'm willing to bet your front diff might have taken some damage. I hate grinding noises :-/

thats what I am thinking too..... crossmember has arrived today and will be installed tomorrow but I have no idea what we are looking into when we open up the front diff.... again there is no noise in 4HI.... only in 4LO. Besides I've read horror stories on this forum how people were waiting for their diff. parts to arive 2 months or so :( VERY S A D !!!!!!!

Tone
06/22/2006, 07:14 PM
Spoke with Merlin today and parts are trickling back in, especially the cladding pieces so there is some light at the end of the tunnel. I also got some parts that were thought to be non existant.

Andrey
06/23/2006, 05:53 AM
Spoke with Merlin today and parts are trickling back in, especially the cladding pieces so there is some light at the end of the tunnel. I also got some parts that were thought to be non existant.

thats good news Tone, thanks !

Andrey
06/23/2006, 02:23 PM
Back on the road ! Thanks to SPAZZ who "sacrificed" front propeller shaft, rear half housing for T-case.
New crossmember was installed.
I've tried 4LO today and grinding noise is no longer there. I doubght it went away but for now it is no longer there. When it comes back I'll address it with Isuzu in Nashua, NH.
Thanks everybody for your support,input and good cheer !

Trully yours,

Andrey and saved from a junkyard IronMan...

VehiX
06/24/2006, 11:39 AM
Glad to hear things are running smoothly for you again :)