PDA

View Full Version : Door parts tip

WyldWeasel
05/11/2006, 07:43 PM
Not sure if this will be of any help to anyone but I noticed as I was reinstalling my door weatherstripping and door handle parts after the paint job that all the weatherstripping that has little plastic plugs that go into the door and the door handles both are color coded for each door. Meaning the little plastic tab on your interior door handle that hooks to the rod that opens the door is white for the left hand side (driver's) and yellow for the right hand side (passenger side). Ditto for the weatherstripping: The plastic plugs that fix the weatherstripping to the door are white for left hand side, yellow for right side.

IndianaVX
05/12/2006, 06:01 PM
hey weasel,
your post may not help anyone right now, but the fact that you posted will be helpful at some point. it just adds info when someone is using the search. I know you know this, but i just wanted to say thanx. hopefully i wont ever have to repaint.

thanx
david

WyldWeasel
05/12/2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks, IndianaVX. That's the idea, anyway, making people's lives a little easier. It will no doubt come in handy for those who are doing window repairs if they have both door panels off at the same time. *G*