PDA

View Full Version : Free Free Free Free!!!!

biju
05/11/2006, 05:22 PM
Ok... A little fun just for the heck of it.

I've got this, but never use it:

http://www.bijulab.com/images/mothers.jpg

The first member to correctly post back what TV series inspired my nickname, I'll ship it to you for free - no cost. Brand new = $25. Cost if you get this right = nadda. :p :p :p :p :p

Why? I'm an advocate with the national society for clean VX's. Seriously, why not. I don't use it, and it just takes up space!

-biju.

*hint* - the answer IS in another 'fun' thread on this site...

kobie
05/11/2006, 06:02 PM
... interesting thread. I like...

Brief background: my name is bill. my father's name is also bill... now continue reading....

The nickname 'biju' was given to me by a group of friends while watching an episode of The Simpsons. In season 4, episode 'Marge vs. The Monorail', Bart declares "dad, you're my hero". Homer replies, "Really son? Do you want to change your name to Homer, Jr? The kids could call you 'Hoju'."

Without hesitation and almost in total synch a few in the group looked towards me and shouted, "Biju!". A nickname was born...

:p

I only posted this because it took me more than 5 minutes to find! Grr! Thanks for helping me pass the time while I'm waiting here for someone...

biju
05/11/2006, 06:23 PM
sweet.

pm me your addy...

-biju.

Moncha
05/11/2006, 08:46 PM
HAHAHA! Good job on both parts!!!

Ldub
05/12/2006, 04:05 AM
DANG...missed it by THAT much :rolleyes: I was gonna guess Biju & the Bear.

Mark B
05/12/2006, 07:27 AM
BJ and the bear. That is showing your age.

Ldub
05/12/2006, 12:54 PM
BJ and the bear. That is showing your age.

Hell, that's nothin...Leave it to Beaver, the Munsters, Adams family, Get Smart, Beverly Hillbillies, and on & on were all in their first run AND in black & white when I was a kid.
I'm glad to be closing in on 50...last I checked, the only thing in second place is a dirtnap! :snooz:
Sorry for the thread jack, but it's pretty much done for anyway.

PHO2GR4
12/08/2006, 12:55 PM
Here in Seattle, we finally voted down our bona-fide, electrified monorail!
(What's that? MONORAIL!)

No, really. The city council wanted to build a huge monorail here.

No, I'm not joking.

Bonus points: Who WROTE that 'Monorail' episode?

nfpgasmask
12/08/2006, 01:09 PM
http://whichfinger.net/i/0000/0RjWxc.jpg

cyronman
12/08/2006, 09:03 PM
Here in Seattle, we finally voted down our bona-fide, electrified monorail!
(What's that? MONORAIL!)

No, really. The city council wanted to build a huge monorail here.

No, I'm not joking.

Bonus points: Who WROTE that 'Monorail' episode?

did they finally?
i lived there from 99-03 and remember always hearing about that.
i thought it would have been done by now.

they still got the pink elephants there?

PHO2GR4
12/08/2006, 09:18 PM
No, after raising our vehicle registration fees to astronomic levels, then collecting stratospheric taxes for a few years, then using "eminent domain" to take away businesses and homes for the monorail stations, and after frittering away hundreds of millions of dollars.......

.......they finally trashed the whole process. All of that time and money was wasted.

The people who lost their businesses and homes in the land grab were given the option of buying BACK the very properties that were taken from them...but only if they paid what the government decided was the "current fair market value", which after a few years of Seattle's booming real estate market was often three times what the poor sap was given when the government took the property in the first place.

Here's how that worked. Let's say you had a family-run business that was about 35 years old. It was doing great because of its location and loyal clientele. Then the gov't walks in and says "Hey, we've decided that this would be a great spot for a monorail station! We're shutting you down and confiscating this property. Oh, and we've decided that the property is worth, say, $350,000".

Then, three years later, the whole Monorail project comes crapping...I mean, crashing down. Great! You can restart your family business! Only, the government will only sell you your property back for, let's call it $750,000 now. Seems fair, right?

Seattle...jeez.

Chopper
12/09/2006, 04:09 PM
Biju and the bear???! Just choked on my beer. Silly boy

biju
12/09/2006, 04:34 PM
"I'm Idaho!" - ralph wiggum.

I have more stuff to give away. Let me think of a trivia Q and I'll post soon.

-biju.