PDA

View Full Version : too late to debadge?

etlsport
05/11/2006, 08:05 AM
looking through the galleries, ive seen lots of VX's with the rear ISUZU removed... i was thinkin about doing it but realized i got mine kind of late... ive got an 01 Kaiser... looks like its sat in the sun a lot based on the headlights being in pretty bad shape...... am i too late... ie will there be isuzu faded into the paint by now?

if i do debadge, whats the best way to clean up afterwards.. claybar? ive seen some people say they used goo gone too

Mantronix7
05/11/2006, 08:58 AM
I debadged my '97 JDM, it was always kept garaged. The marks never went away, I was considering to have the top coat resurfaced to get rid of the marks but the local paint shop told me it would still show up so the only way to repaint the car. :eek:

VehiX
05/11/2006, 10:36 AM
I bought my 99 used in 2001 and quickly debadged. I had ghost logos for a while but now you'd never even know they were there.

I'd say peel them off carefully. Use some type of adhesive remover that won't damage the paint. Clay bar, wax and then let time do it's thing. You'll know it's there but others will hardly notice at all until it all blends in over time.http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/pics2_007.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/pics2_007.jpg)

nfpgasmask
05/11/2006, 12:40 PM
Yup, last weekend I bought a 2001 EB VX, and debadged as soon as I got home. It took me about 4 solid hours of continual work, but now you can't see a thing! I am not sure if the VX I just bought was in the sun much or stored in a garage, but the ghosting was obvious until I used the clay bar and then some wax.

I debadged using the following steps:

1) Heat each sticker with a hairdryer for roughly 30 secs
2) Run some dental tape behind each sticker right after heating it
3) Once the badge is off, rub off any large sticky spots with your finger
4) Use a clay bar with proper lubricant to remove the remaining residue
5) Wax using the proper wax supplied with the clay bar kit

The large Isuzu logo on the back took the longest, but now it looks killer. I love the straight black debadged look!

I just ordered a titanium VX logo from autox-racer too! I can't wait to get it!

Bart