PDA

View Full Version : Snake oil or real, fuel saver 5000

rowhard
05/10/2006, 07:43 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this 'Fuel Saver 5000' stuff? I am almost ready to spend the 250 bucks to have this installed before making the trip down to ZUZOO. I of course will provide all the info and details, espically if it works.! Just talked with the local installer, and he said that a Kia whatever he just did got 53mpg on a 200 mile trip. You know, that ain't bad, espically with the price of gas. (Just spoke with a good friend in England. Where we are paying about 80 cents a litre, they are spending about $1.56 a litre, guess we are still lucky, yea right) Anyway, here is the web site if anyone else is interested.

http://www.agsint.com/conden.shl

etlsport
05/10/2006, 07:49 PM
wow.. sounds like a miracle product.. ive gotta say im a lil skeptical though... id gladly listen to results though!

rowhard
05/11/2006, 04:40 AM
For sure I am skeptical, but what I'm more skeptical about is having work done on a high pressure fuel system. I burned one to the ground because of a fuel leak, (not a vx), don't want to do that again.

Joe_Black
05/11/2006, 06:15 AM
LOL! I've got a bridge you can by online that will get you where you want quicker with less fuel. Just send cash...

Seriously, all the "fuel savers" and similar scams prey on those at the mercy of high fuel prices. If such technology truly existed the auto manufacturers would be using it. Think about it: What would happen to a car manufacturer's market share if they started producing cars with ultra fuel efficiency? They'd dominate the market, license the technology to the other manufacturers for a mint, and be rolling in the $$$$.

VehiGAZ
05/11/2006, 06:36 AM
Scam-scam-scam!!! If it's too good to be true, it is false. If it worked, then every car comany in the world would install it in their vehicles.

Save your $250 before you screw up your engine.

rowhard
05/11/2006, 05:27 PM
yea I know, scam scam scam, but I could always use a bridge, espically with as many as I have burned down behind me in the past.

I was talking to the installer today about it, (a railroad engine mechanic). He has them on two of his vehicles, and his girlfriends Hydia whatever with a 1.7 straight 4. Looked at all of them, pretty slick install. he's claiming (of course he would) nice numbers, 53 mpg hiway on his girlfriends car. His Dodge, jacked up to the heavens 2500 getting 17 city, 23 hiway or something like that. And as far as the big three go, I can remember back in the 50's, yes, I'm that old, Detroit coming out with something and the oil industry buying the patients. Now why wasn't 'snopes' available back then.

Well, I haven't wasted any money lately, not to include those damn Vehicross stickers for the headrest, (read the doorsill thread).

It looks cool. maybe I will be the group idiot. And you know, a 1000 mile trip to ZUZOO will be a test. And if it doesn't work, he will buy it back,... he says.

P.S. bring that bridge to ZUZOO, I might buy it, or at least a drink or two

rowhard
05/21/2006, 08:21 PM
Well, since I didn't make it to Moab and had some money to burn, thought I would give this thing a try. Still playing with it, but got almost 23 mpg on a trip up to Seattle this week. will be going down to Seaside this week, so will keep you posted. Glad I can remove it in about 10 minutes in case I blow the engine and have to use the warranty I bought.

volume311
05/21/2006, 08:40 PM
I remeber seeing something very similar available sometime ago, except the "Fuel Svaer 5k" metal can was a plastic (i think) clear bottle that would catch the oil blown through the pcv valve, could be removed to be cleared out. Same exact design as the one you purchased, I think someone from 4x4 wire got it but the results were inconclusive I think, the original poster never followed up. I'd like to see what your results are though. :)

transio
05/22/2006, 01:57 AM
And if it doesn't work, he will buy it back,... he says.Uf you pay for it, it's already done what it's supposed to do. :)

Ruflyf
05/22/2006, 06:14 AM
Well I didnt read it all but right off near the beginning when it reads "advertised" in Pop Sci. and Pop Mech., rather than "featured" makes me doubtful, obviously there is a HUGE difference between the two. Being an avid reader of both magazines I have never seen an article on it, so I'm guessing its in the back in the classified ads.

Joe_Black
05/22/2006, 07:13 AM
I have never seen an article on it, so I'm guessing its in the back in the classified ads.
Yep, right between "magnetic levitation" and "lunar real estate". :p

mbeach
05/22/2006, 09:06 AM
Those installation instructions may as well be titled:
"A Sure Way to Start a Fire Under Your Hood"

rowhard
06/03/2006, 02:06 PM
Well, not sure what instructions you saw. It is a pretty straight forward setup. Just did a mileage check this morning, 110 miles, main roads and freeway, it did 24.4 MPG. Can't wait to install the Morgan-Tec cold air system that Mike is building for it. I don't sell these, I don't get a kick back, don't have shares in the company. Just wasn't pleased with the mileage it got, espically with the price of gas these days, so thought I would give it a try. Hey, it works for me.

volume311
06/03/2006, 03:54 PM
What was your original milage?

rowhard
06/03/2006, 04:25 PM
Best hiway mileage I ever saw was around 19 before installing this thing.