PDA

View Full Version : Driver's Window slow to raise

curiouswords
05/09/2006, 08:59 AM
I have noticed that my driver's window is slow to raise, especially when it rains (may have nothing to do with it). I expect the motor is failing. Any thoughts?

Anita
05/09/2006, 09:04 AM
as a preventative, spray some silicone down in the tracks. May not be the cure, but it will take some stress off the regulator.

VehiGAZ
05/11/2006, 08:50 AM
The problem isn't the motor - the bracket that holds the window in the door loosens and doesn't push the window up evenly (too far toward the front), so it binds up in the tracks a bit. This is a VERY common problem on the VX - you will find many threads posted about it. Anita's suggestion will help a bunch, though. There are other more permanent fixes posted, too.

I am actually having mine replaced right now under my extended warranty. Yay!

Good luck!

mjd709
05/11/2006, 09:41 AM
I did Phines fix in the "How To" section last week. Seems to be working really well. One thing I did notice is that by widening the metal channel, the rubber channel lining had a tendencey to come loose and pull away. Thus, getting bound in the window as it was on the way up. I fixed this by putting the rubber channel in place then wrapping some heavy duty tape at the bottom of the assembly to keep it in place. So far, so good. Works perfect now.