PDA

View Full Version : Engine starts then shuts off

deldorado
04/17/2003, 08:30 AM
About once per week my VX will start and then the engine will shut off. After about three times it will finally crank. It always does this when the tank is half full, no problem when the tank is full or on the last quarter. Also have notice that right after I fill the tank my engine starts and sound very aggressive. ........Once started my Silver Beauty always runs Smoooth......Does anybody have any ideas??

Also, I am in Greenville, NC are there ever any meets in SC, TN, VA, or NC? Anyone around NC with a VX, I have never seen another one while driving.

VX-KING
04/17/2003, 01:32 PM
ITS PROBABLY YOUR VACUUM LINES CUZ THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME LAST MONTH, JUST TAKE TO YOUR ISUZU DEALER SO THEY CAN FIX

:cool:

Tone
04/17/2003, 01:51 PM
Fuel filter comes to mind or evap cannister posted on another thread.

majork
05/01/2003, 09:07 PM
I have the same problem...but its infequent and somewhat random....

I usually futz with it and it finally holds idle.....

Was the problem vacuum lines or Evaporative Cannister, or something else???

SPAZZ
05/01/2003, 09:10 PM
Every once and a while, mine stutters. But, it always starts right up on the second try.Hmmmmmm?

xdfarrx
05/01/2003, 10:13 PM
This is something I noticed- If you turn the key and one click. The electrical activates, the gauge panel lights up, if you wait about 3-5 seconds there is a click/tap. I was told this is the injector unit pressurizing. I do this and I never have the engine stutter, but when I don't do this I get the stutter. So that little waiting before I turn the engine over and it starts stutterless...I'm not sure why or how but that works for me-

valenki
05/07/2003, 12:51 PM
COULDNT START MY vx FOR 4 MINUTES AFTER AN OIL CHANGE TODAY. Also sometines it start and then shots down again, then I have to restart and it works. So, I would say my problem sounds the same???

deldorado
05/07/2003, 01:08 PM
I fixed my problem :madb2: by changing the Fuel Filter, new sparc plugs, and new transmition fluid. I had this done about 3 weeks ago and no problems yet. Plus my VX runs the same (which is GREAT) but it is also more quite at high speeds which is an added bonus. :thumbup: Keep in mind that I had 53,000 miles and bought it used back in October. With my drivers side carpet now dry I am a HAPPY Man!

Good Luck :luck: