PDA

View Full Version : Colorado 'Zu V information

Locomigo
04/17/2003, 07:34 AM
Hello there, I wanted to let you all know of an upcoming event, and inquire about your anticipated attendance. This will help us in determining a rough estimate for participants.

What: Colorado 'Zu V
Where: Buena Vista, CO @ Chalk Creek Campground (formerly Brown’s Campground)
When: August 8-10, 2003
Why: An opportunity to wheel in the scenic and challenging mountains of Central Colorado with Isuzu enthusiasts. This is the fifth year of the Colorado ‘Zu event, which has something to offer everyone from stock, to highly modified.

Trails TBD, but I thought would throw out a few suggestions:
Holy Cross, Iron Chest, Minesweeper, Chinamans Gulch, open to suggestions…
Mt Princeton, Mt. Bross, Mt, Antero, Mosquito Pass, Weston Pass, etc...

If you would please respond with your preference to attend, we would greatly appreciate it.

I’ll start:
Keith, Tia, & Kyren Ellingford – 99 Amigo

******************UPDATE************************** *
Update! Registration is up and running! Here ya go:

Colorado 'Zu V info (www.trailseeker.com/cozu)

Colorado 'Zu V Registration (www.trailseeker.com/cozu/registration.php)

Sign up, fill out the form fields and send it in. If you have questions, let me know!

AnalogVX
04/17/2003, 10:00 AM
Why must you do this to me? We haven't even been to ZuZOO yet and you got me jonesin' for more! So many trails , so little time. I tapped out my vacation time for this year already, maybe next year?

Locomigo
04/17/2003, 10:09 AM
That's just it... We know you are traveling THROUGH Colorado and will WANT to come back in a few short months, so we made certain the plans were made PRIOR to Moab this year. :D

Tonka
04/17/2003, 11:33 AM
Count me in!
And maybe a couple of friends!

Scott, you better show up this time. Lots of notice.

It is on a weekend! Of course you can make it!
Shift the VX into hyperdrive!

alan

Locomigo
04/17/2003, 12:47 PM
So... I suppose we can excuse your lack of presence in Moab if you come, although it would be CHOICE to attend BOTH events... dont make me TRUNK MONKEY (http://www.trunkmonkey.com/Scrapbook/Video/Suburban/SuburbanTrunkmonkeyAd.mpg) you. >;-)~

IsuZOOM
04/21/2003, 02:31 PM
I've not been to this campsite - any facilities or amenities to speak of?

Tonka
04/21/2003, 04:19 PM
Showers and bathrooms. Places to pitch a tent! I think they laundry rooms too, but not certain.

IsuZOOM
04/21/2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Tonka
bathrooms lol - I think you just won my wife over :D

Tonka
04/21/2003, 10:27 PM
Let me rephrase that. Outhouses. :)
hope that doesn't scare the wife away!

Locomigo
04/21/2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Randy712
I've not been to this campsite - any facilities or amenities to speak of?

Yep, they have showers and restrooms in the upper section, but down where we will be with the group section there are a couple small restrooms, still plumbed, and wash sink. Nice and quiet, the group sites are next to the creek.

Browns campground changed name and owners over the winter, now called Chalk Creek Campground (http://www.coloradorvparks.net/oslink.asp?i=78).

http://www.coloradodirectory.com/brownscamp/BrownCamp-LGlt.jpg
A view of the group site from the hill behind it adjacent to the creek (on the left).

AnalogVX
05/19/2003, 06:23 AM
I made the trip back from Moab straight thru and I can cancel the extra day vacation I was gonna use for traveling. Now all I have to do is find out if this will conflict with my kid coming to visit for the summer. Bringing her is no problem, the travel to pick up/drop off is where the conflict will be. So you can pencil me in as tennative. I will know more in the upcoming week or so.

SPAZZ
05/19/2003, 07:15 AM
Hey Rich, glad you made it out. I was gonna try to catch you passing thru her in Colorado, but it seems you really wanted that extra day off. I was probably working on my Ironman anyways.
I hooked up my Interceptor and notice the difference right away, especialy with my 32x11.5x17 SSR's.
We could've hooked yours up too. Well maybe next time? I hope to make it to this Colorado ZU too, but never know what will happen with the Military. TTYL, I am off to the emergency room to have them patch my leg up. It hasn't gotten any better since all of you saw it in Moab, it just gets puffy, stiff, and hurts.
Glad to have met you Rich, take care and good luck with your daughter.

Vasha13
05/27/2003, 06:33 PM
Count me in - probably. I am a city girl so I once I get the shower situation assessed, I can say for sure. Sleeping bags, tents, outside is fine - icky showers bad ;pr;

Locomigo
05/27/2003, 08:12 PM
Shower facility at the campground is nice, new shower building last year. only hangup is they are coin op. $0.50 to start, and $1 - $1.50 typical shower (8-12 min). Beyond that is no worries, I thought the coin op would be a PITA, but it turned out to be no so bad.

IsuZOOM
06/14/2003, 09:53 PM
What types of happenings go on at these things? We don't currently have a tent and are tossing the idea around of staying at a local motel / motorlodge.

Locomigo
06/16/2003, 07:16 AM
Hmmm... well most obviously, WHEELIN! >;- )~
After the wheelin there is the creek to sit in, and chat, socialize, and such.
Typical campfire banter and the like. I would recommend that you get a tent and join us.
You COULD stay in a hotel, totally your choice, but IMHO, half the value of the events are the comraderie and banter you get with your buds, and Isuzoids. :D

IsuZOOM
06/16/2003, 07:38 AM
Yeah, kind of figured you'd say that :D

Locomigo
06/16/2003, 10:06 AM
Where in Aurora are you?

I am off Tower and Iliff.

For supplies check out www.sportsmansguide.com

IsuZOOM
06/16/2003, 11:31 AM
I'm at Tower and Hampden, I thought we talked about that before :) I'm considering this tent:

http://www.loftyshelters.com/images/OverCamp/dimMovie.gif

Costs about a grand, weighs less than 100 lbs, and you sleep on the roof!

http://www.loftyshelters.com/images/OverCamp/dormi1.jpg

Even includes the mattress :)

dudleyim0
06/17/2003, 08:23 AM
First of all hi to everyone, and second,
What kind of trails are you all going to be on. I have a stock Amigo, and some new tires. I have been on some pretty rough stuff last year, because I didnt know where I was going, but I made it through without a scratch. Anyway it has made me a little gunshy about going by myself anymore, so I am interested in your get together. Is there any more info I need other than what you have written in here?

Locomigo
06/17/2003, 10:09 AM
IsuZOOM = Randy712?

Dudley, where are you located in Aurora?
We will be running everything from mild to extreme. We also (trailseekers) run trails all year round, whether they are get togethers, trails, ice racing, etc...

FYI, I am sure you know this... You should NEVER run a trail alone... Too many of us available to make a run with at varying times.

email me locomigo@trailseeker.com

IsuZOOM
06/17/2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Locomigo
IsuZOOM = Randy712? ;eeky;

;)

Locomigo
06/17/2003, 01:27 PM
Now you can understand my confusion...;Db;

mudeater34
06/17/2003, 06:24 PM
New to site but would love to attend. Holy Cross / Mosquito Pass is always good. Just one question? WHAT SIZE TIRES CAN YOU FIT ON STOCK? 32" / 33"

Tonka
06/18/2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by mudeater34
New to site but would love to attend. Holy Cross / Mosquito Pass is always good. Just one question? WHAT SIZE TIRES CAN YOU FIT ON STOCK? 32" / 33"

Alright!
Another CO VXer! Without lift 265/75/16's about 31.6 inches. If you have 18" rims i think the biggest anyone has done is 285/60/18's or 31.5 inches. You can go bigger if you trim or get a lift.
Try this site:
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Locomigo
06/18/2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by mudeater34
Holy Cross / Mosquito Pass is always good.

Now THAT is a contrast of trail selection... ;eekp; ;pg;

Cool, the registration website should be up soon, and I will be posting with more details.

AnalogVX
06/26/2003, 08:50 PM
Looks like it's slowly working out for me to go. Question: When are people arriving? Thrusday? Friday? Should I make reservation with the camp ground or since we are in the group site should I not worry about a campsite?

Locomigo
06/27/2003, 09:30 AM
We are arriving Thursday night for a Friday AM trailrun.

It's up to you... we definitely have 3 group sites reserved, which I would imagine will be sufficient, but if you want your own site, then feel free..

Let me know if you need additional information.

AnalogVX
06/27/2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Locomigo
We are arriving Thursday night for a Friday AM trailrun.

It's up to you... we definitely have 3 group sites reserved, which I would imagine will be sufficient, but if you want your own site, then feel free..

Let me know if you need additional information.

Just wondering. I am trying to figure out where I am gonna put that extra vacation day I saved from Moab... before or after the week end. So, I'll be there thursday night as well. Staying with the group is cool. Just wanted to know if I needed my own space, I didn't want to end up not having a place to crash.

Moncha
07/02/2003, 09:02 AM
Depending on my schedule, I'll be up for either the Thursday or the Saturday.. I'll be right in the middle of Field Training and will be working that Friday. Just not sure of which day on which side of Friday I'll have off.

Locomigo
07/11/2003, 07:56 AM
Update! Registration is up and running! Here ya go:

Colorado 'Zu V info (www.trailseeker.com/cozu)

Colorado 'Zu V Registration (www.trailseeker.com/cozu/registration.php)

Sign up, fill out the form fields and send it in. If you have questions, let me know!

AnalogVX
07/19/2003, 01:32 PM
Looks like i am not going to be able it after all. I busted my butt to save a vacation day traveling from Moab to use for this event too.
Just not in the cards I guess.

Hope you all have fun!

Locomigo
07/21/2003, 08:03 AM
What about the rest of you that expressed interest?

Have you registered yet?

Lemmee check...

... nope not registered for yall. Cmon over and register. We will get you taken care of.

Moncha
07/21/2003, 08:11 AM
Keith, I'ma wanna go but, just have to get my schedule straight for the days.. I'll sign up as soon as I can...

IsuZOOM
07/21/2003, 09:38 AM
I'm in the same boat. I am planning to attent but need to work out the details still.

Locomigo
07/28/2003, 11:32 AM
We will be placing the Co'Zu t-shirt orders today, so, if anyone wants a t-shirt, get your order in NOW! There may be a couple of extras but the only way to guarantee that you get a shirt is to let us know today!!! The pic is on the main Co'Zu info page (www.trailseeker.com/cozu). As for registration, you can register up to the time of the event but if you can
event and I hope to see you all there! For those, that have registered
already, Thanks! Sure makes life easier {;-)

ONLY 12 DAYS TILL Colorado'Zu V!!!

Moncha
08/01/2003, 07:19 PM
Looks as if I'm going to be stuck for this event. I have to work and there's no way to get the day(s) off. I can't even go up for a short visit as I am working all 3 days 7am to 7pm..

Keith, thank you, Corbin and everyone else so much for heading up this event. I think things will change next year so I will be able to attend..

Thanks again and be safe!

Locomigo
08/04/2003, 09:55 PM
sooo.... what's the verdict? Last chance, event starts THIS Friday. cmon out. not that far and should be a great time.

Let me know...

IsuZOOM
08/05/2003, 08:26 AM
It's not looking good for me. I was planning to go Friday, Sat and Sunday. Friday doesn't work because I couldn't get out of work and a friend's birthday party (my best man) was scheduled for that night. Then it turns out my wife's grandparents are expecting us on Saturday evening for the opening of their remodeled church, some big hooplah from 9 PM to midnight. So I have Saturday open, and Sunday open, but that's a lot of driving and I'd need to leave by 4 or 5 on Saturday to make it work anyway. All this planning, all the new camping gear I've bought... will have to wait.

Tonka
08/06/2003, 08:35 PM
Looks like i'm out. :(
I took an expensive trip to see my mom in California last week and have to make up the hours. Have fun without me.
:(

Locomigo
08/06/2003, 10:43 PM
Man that sucks...

What looked to be like a LOT of VXers has turned out to be none. Looks to be VERY minimal turnout this year... Oh well, I will have a good time, running some AWESOME trails. Maybe next time yall wont lose out. :cool:

Tone
09/07/2003, 10:46 AM
Did anyone go? Pics?

Locomigo
09/08/2003, 10:12 PM
Yep, we had the usual suspects there...
No VXs, and we have pics, just havent bothered to publish them yet...
It's been a bit busy, and wasnt like it was a big rush to get them up for anyone.