PDA

View Full Version : General VX stats?

Kingler5
05/01/2006, 11:29 PM
Just got one, 01 Foxfire, anyways I don't have an owner's manual (yet, one is on the way) and was wondering how this is different than a Trooper. I have a 93 Trooper 5spd (w/manual transfer lever i.e. no TOD) and I notice that the chassis and most drivetrain components are identical. But what I want to know is how often the TOD system sends power to the front wheels in normal everyday driving, and does it have a center diff? Is the rear diff limited slip? It is an alien concept for me just to go barreling offroad in this thing without having to shift into 4H and whatnot and to trust a computer to be turning on and off front drive. I get winter drive (start off in 3rd gear for less wheelspin in lo traction) and power drive (lets the engine rev much high before changing gear, pretty coo) and a traditional 4L shift lever but this other stuff baffles me. Thanks for any insight/explanation.

Ldub
05/02/2006, 04:11 AM
TOD input is usually 1 bar on the indicator over 7-8 mph, more depending on traction & pressure applied to the loud pedal.
The rear diff. is limited slip.
Go "barreling offroad" no prob...just shift to 4-lo if needed.
Congrats on the VX...enjoy.

Ldub