PDA

View Full Version : Rust

kimonh
05/01/2006, 12:41 PM
Anyone knows how to deal with chipped paint on the hood w/ signs of rust underneath? Any way I can seal / paint to prevent further damage ?

:confused:

etlsport
05/01/2006, 01:30 PM
i had a civic with about 10 little rock chips that had started to rust, i used an exacto knife to cut a small amount of paint away to make sure i got all the rust, then used a rust solvent available at most auto stores, then primer and touch up paint, light sanding and clear coat in the area.. you should be able to order touch up paint from isuzu (or ask around, someone might have an extra bottle around)

if you dont want to do the work yourself most dealerships have guys who do pinstripes on new cars that can do that kind of touch up work for low cost, you would probably have to provide the paint though as our colors are a little different than most

kimonh
05/03/2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the reply. There 's no Isuzu dealership nearby --would anyone happen to know any paint product that might come close to Kaiser Silver ? Did a search and couldn't find anyone selling that kind of paint specifically for Isuzu colors.

VehiX
05/03/2006, 09:36 AM
Call this number:

St. Charles Isuzu
1-800-727-8066

Ask for Merlin and tell em what ya need!

:)

Apostle
05/03/2006, 12:03 PM
Might want to try Mazda RX8 Titanium grey '04-'05. From what ive seen it matched the V pretty close.

try in small spot