PDA

View Full Version : Warranty

Kingler5
04/30/2006, 02:22 PM
How long is the regular warranty supposed to be? I don't have any paperwork on my vehicross I just bought (not even the owner's manual!) It's an '01 with 68k miles. I ask mainly because I have the derned rim rust problem. If it's too late for Isuzu to take care of it I'm tempted to get some of that heavy duty rust stopper in the inside of the rim to help. Any thoughts?

etlsport
04/30/2006, 03:19 PM
if youre not the first owner i think that the only warranty that transfers over is part of the powertrain.. which you get 5 years/60k (unless original owner was family) you can also call isuzu with your VIN and they will tell you everything you need to know about the warranty, plus get your name in their system for bullitins (if there are anymore)

800-255-6727
Hours: 6 am to 5 pm (PST)
Monday - Friday

also try the search feature, many people have had issues with the wheels peeling... i dunno about rusting, but im sure you can find something

congrats on the VX, other manuals you might need you can download from www.tonemonday.com under the vehicross parts section

mbeach
04/30/2006, 05:40 PM
You're out of warranty, but don't fret, Isuzu of America rarely honors their warranties anyways.

The chrome peeling on the wheels is common, some owners have actually gotten them replaced, but this was when the vehicles were only a couple of years old.

Good news is, it's not rust. The wheels are aluminum. You are just seeing the oxidation from the raw aluminum coming in contact with air.
Bad news is, it's impossible to fix with just a coating. Those rust stoppers convert iron oxide. This is not iron.
The only way to "fix" it, is to have the wheels stripped (an expensive and hazardous process, due to the chemicals involved) and either rechromed or anodized (which would be great).

Kingler5
04/30/2006, 09:41 PM
Ok thanks for the info. So should I just forget the wheels and not worry about the peeling/oxidation?

mbeach
04/30/2006, 11:10 PM
I don't believe that this has happend to anyone, but, if the peeling progresses to the bead, it could cause a leak. The peeling is also a hazard, as the chips are sharp and will cut your hand when you're cleaning the wheels.

Chrome is tough, it has to be chemically removed, and can't be sandblasted away.
I'll be researching the chrome removal this summer -I use my 18s for winter, and the chrome is peeling off of all of them.

Kingler5
05/01/2006, 07:15 PM
K then, I'm guessing you could probably put Trooper or Rodeo wheels on it as another solution, correct? Also, my family is not used to automatic transmissions, and the VX we just got makes quite an audible clank when changing gears(P to D etc..), is this normal? Thanks.