PDA

View Full Version : Transmission filter recommendation

Ruflyf
04/28/2006, 02:00 PM
I have searched through the past posts and found alot of info on transmission fluids, however does anyone have a recommended brand to use for the filter/or not to use? For example everyone says stay away from Fram for oil.....is it the same rule of thumb?

Tad, if you happen to read this, do you know if my vx has syn. in the transmission or not?

Will probably be contacting Tone for a inline as well, btw...Tone if you read this, do you have any pics/specs of the inline filter, I thought you posted some but I cant find them atm.

Tone
04/28/2006, 03:55 PM
Any tranny filter with a good gasket will be fine. Since they only filter out the big particles anyway, there is very little difference. If the filter has been changed in the last 20K miles, I wouldn't even worry about doing it - have it flushed and then add the inline filter. Dropping the pan is a major PITA as teh crossmember must be removed along with some sensor wiring. I'm SOOOOO looking forward to NOT having to do Lisa's pan filter changes anymore - the inline filter takes 5 minutes and doesn't flood the garage with fluid!

Nazrat
04/30/2006, 06:15 PM
I have searched through the past posts and found alot of info on transmission fluids, however does anyone have a recommended brand to use for the filter/or not to use? For example everyone says stay away from Fram for oil.....is it the same rule of thumb?

Tad, if you happen to read this, do you know if my vx has syn. in the transmission or not?

Will probably be contacting Tone for a inline as well, btw...Tone if you read this, do you have any pics/specs of the inline filter, I thought you posted some but I cant find them atm.

I believe that it has Mobil 1 ATF in it. I have the remainder of what I bought and I'm pretty sure that I didn't put synthetic in any other vehicle here.

-Tad

sature
04/30/2006, 10:01 PM
i use mobile 1 synthetic tranny oil with purelator tranny pan filter. works great. i can feel it instantly. did the full flush. use the machine at friend's shop. the whole job took me 30min.