PDA

View Full Version : Rear shocks and tires

Andrey
04/16/2003, 09:45 AM
Hi,

Glad I've discovered such a nice forum I've been driving my 99 VX since December 2000. I do not do any off road stuff but concider myself relatively fast driver. At about 14 K my left front shock failed (was replaced by Isuzu) and now right rear shock is making bangigng noise. Stock shocks are $420 a piece and car is out of warranty. I was advised to replace rear shocks with KYB Monomax (about $55). I also would like to change my stock tieres to something wider and softer ride. Can you people give me an advise !

Thank you !

Swordy
04/17/2003, 01:36 AM
You might try this site, they have some good quality products at a reasonable price.

http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/hv1-series.php

Probably models ending in x163 for a 3" lift application (rear), or x095 for a non lifted application (rear).
Just measure your existing fully extended and compressed lengths, choose the type of ends you need. and find a shock model that has your desired characteristics. I put on a set of their rebuildable external reservoir shocks, and I absolutely love them. Best shocks I've ever had.

As for tires, I hear that the Pirelli Scorpions are real nice, but I'm sure theres someone here that knows street tires better than I do. Perhaps Newthings or Tone could help you pick a good set.
Hope this helps some.
Andy