PDA

View Full Version : PV2 for sale

I_Wanna_Retire
04/26/2006, 01:58 PM
Anybody want a brand new PV2? Don't remember what I paid for it, so take advantage of an old man's memory and make an offer.

Icekold
04/27/2006, 08:49 AM
I really wish I could get a good sound clip of this thing. I've read about how loud and ricey it sounds but wish I could judge it for myself. I saw a video of someone racing and "kinda" heard it but not well enough. Also, why did he stop making these mufflers for us in the first place? I gather that everyone loved them but haven't quite figured it out going through the past posts about it.

I_Wanna_Retire
04/27/2006, 09:19 AM
Many people thought it was louder than PV1. I don't have anything to compare to as I never installed the PV2. It is still new in box. Maybe somebody else, who has PV2 installed, can comment??

geshaw30
04/27/2006, 01:38 PM
I've had the PV2 since its inception and here are the facts. Initially the cabin noise was to the point that I nearly considered taking the unit off. Basically the tone gave me a nasty headache. I also had installed baffled dual chrome tips but they did little to nothing to drown out the noise. It takes a few weeks but the sound does fade somewhat as interior buildup occurs in the unit. The original PV was a little quieter that the 2nd generation. In no way, shape, or form could you consider the PV2 sound "ricey". It's a much deeper "growl" instead of the high pitched "Honda whine". The two sounds are not even close.

Advantages- you gain a little HP, it's a big time attention getter, and it's a much lighter unit than the "oil drum" size factory unit.

Disadvantages- even after break in period there is a substantial increase in factory cabin noise. Dynomat can solve this but it's $$ (Tone did my doors and it helped a great deal). If you are a big music fan you'll be pushing your door speakers to the max (I've blown 2) to bring clairity/volume up over the muffler noise. For what it's worth...................
________
COACH HANDBAGS (http://icoachhandbags.com/)

VR4-Quest
04/28/2006, 07:39 AM
Is it brand new in box, never installed and undamaged? And the muffler only?
How about $50?
Heard they are really loud, but I will take it off your hands..........all my other cars are loud!

I_Wanna_Retire
05/30/2006, 01:40 PM
Still new in box. Anybody want to make an offer? Trade?

Pghachey
05/30/2006, 08:03 PM
I'd be interested. How much?
If you want to send me an email personally with info, I'm at pgjahachey@netscape.com. Thanks