PDA

View Full Version : Window drops

Paul Maxwell
04/21/2006, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know how to overcome and repair the window as it drops out of line with the door and you have to push it back inot place for it to close correctly.

VCrossfan
04/21/2006, 08:52 PM
Use the Forum Search Tool...

Bulldoggie
04/23/2006, 11:37 AM
Use the Forum Search Tool...
Sounds like spacing the lift arm to be under the window should fix this.
If not done soon, the plastic tabs on the window bottom will break from the stress.
The lift arm regulator is attached to the inside door skin. repeated closing of the door with the armrest handle, pulls the regulator with lift arm out from under the window. Pulling the window in at the bottom, pushing it out at the top, and out of the rubber guide part of the frame.
Using longer metric bolts (4), use as many washers as needed to line the arm back under the window. You know you have it right when the nylon pad in the middle of the lift arm pushes the glass up. It is half way between the two window bolts that hold the glass to the lift arm.
I have posted pictures with the washers, in my gallery, you will need to read the posts to get the instructions to go with the pictures.
It's more simple than it sounds, good luck.

VCrossfan, why is that little mouse reading my ISP address and browser and computer make and type? You are scaring me 'Big Brother'

Bulldoggie
04/23/2006, 11:41 AM
BTW: If the window drops, or free falls, when lowering, the plastic tabs on the window bottom are already broke.