PDA

View Full Version : Window tint article

WormGod
04/16/2003, 02:01 AM
I happened across this interesting read regarding window tint in the DC/MD area and how the DMV acts as an inspection "regime". I have been told to peel tint off my windows twice now, and the second time, they were more than legal. Go figure....

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20030411-80068626.htm

IsuZOOM
04/16/2003, 08:07 AM
Sheesh... thank god I live in a state that doesn't require those types of inspections. All we have is a rigorous emissions program, but nothing else. I just looked up Colorado's law in the Revised Statutes and it says we can go 27% tint (except for windshield)

SPAZZ
04/16/2003, 08:27 AM
On my base we have this excellent tint service. Good quality and good service at a decent price. About $220+no tax for quantom tint for all 7 windows + front sun screen. If any of you are in the San Diego area and want this done, I can get you on base to pay and set up an appointment?

Recommend a much lighter tint on the driver & passngr window if you decide to tint them too, as you'll have a lesser chance of getting a ticket. Ie- 14% on everything except the driver & passngr side with them go with a 37%.

Also they offer quality custom stereo jobs too.

FYI

Joe_Black
04/16/2003, 08:14 PM
Just got mine back this afternoon from the local tint shop which popped me $260 with their best film and a custom logo on the rear glass. What a difference with the inside temp!