PDA

View Full Version : Rear mirror fell off!!!

ameetw
04/13/2006, 12:00 AM
Hi, Couple of days back, I parked my Vx in the sun, when I returned, the rear view mirror fell off!!!! :eek:
The Question is where is the original placement of the mirror (Height from the top) and what adhesive should I use.

Thanks

Ameet

Apostle
04/13/2006, 03:27 AM
If you look at the window at an angle, you should see where it was mounted, leaves a mark.

any auto store carries mirror adhesive. personally, i just use superglue. never had a prob. some people dont like it, but to each their own

newthings
04/13/2006, 09:15 AM
Lucky you,
Most would lust to have the mirror fall off. Why? Now you can mount it as high as possible and get a much improved view out the back window. Attempts to pry off the mirror mount have cracked the glass.
Roy

tomdietrying
04/13/2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I think the mirrow where it is useless. I think I just want to remove it so I can get better visability when I'm out in Moab next month.

What's the trick to I removing it without cracking the glass?

Peace.
Tom

WyldWeasel
04/13/2006, 01:14 PM
Sounds like leaving it in the hot sun is the trick. Sun=heat, so I'd guess a blasting the mounting area with a good heat gun (but be careful not to melt the plastic) might do it?

ameetw
04/14/2006, 05:56 PM
Now you've got me thinking... maybe I should mount it as high as possible. I was just fooling around with the unit and kinda placed it between the sun visors. Looked kinda nice actually. Only thing is how to stick it there!!!

thedutchguy
04/15/2006, 12:23 AM
Personally, I'd drill a hole and pop rivet that mirror tight if this happened to me!

rowhard
04/15/2006, 06:38 PM
Nice thing about driving a bus for a living, no inside rearview mirrors, only outside ones. So don't even use one. Tailgaters piss me off so bad that I ripped my rearview off in my F150 and threw it at him, never been happier